The Chrysler Viper????

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just came across this in the news. I thought I would share the info....sounds kind of funny to me!!

Chrysler to give brands unique identities, eliminate re-badging vehicles

November19

Chrysler is reportedly considering giving each of its three brands — Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep — a unique identity. The move would eliminate the common practice of re-badging Chrysler vehicles for sale in more than one of its brand's showrooms. The new plan calls for the Chrysler brand to sell the automaker's passenger cars, Dodge to sell pickup and commercial trucks and Jeep to sell the company's SUVs.

While the plan is only one of several being considered, it appears to be the current front runner. According to the Detroit Free Press, a decision should be made by year's end.
The proposed plan could help Chrysler reach its goal of turning a profit by 2009. The elimination of overlapping product lines would help keep Chrysler's brand unique and would also help the automaker trim dealerships carrying excess inventory that offer incentives, cutting into profitability.
Earlier this month, Chrysler announced that it will not produced a previously planned Chrysler-badged version of the Dodge Journey.
</SPAN>

Last edited:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care what they call it as long as they make it. It's only 19 years of history so far from the 89 concept to the 08 Viper, so the name is no big deal for me. Besides, it was (is?) sold as the Chrysler Viper in Europe.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
called a Chrysler Viper here in the UK from 1993-2002, then a Chrysler SRT/10 in 2003 no mention of 'viper' at all since 2003, that was dropped :( last year the car became the Dodge SRT/10 as Dodge dealership started to appear

we didnt have any Dodge dealearships until 2006, they all share premises with Chrysler and Jeep,
you can buy any vehicle of the brand from any of the dealearships, I can go to a Jeep only dealership and order a Dodge calibre (if i was crazy enough!)

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Voltage! Chrysler plans three hybrid concepts for Detroit show

Chrysler will reveal three concept vehicles at the Detroit auto show in January that will display long-range, clean-running powertrains.
The company will present one concept for each of the automaker's brands--Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep. Design chief Trevor Creed touted the concepts as the merging of clean-running powertrains with exciting styling.
Each of the concept's powertrains uses electric motors and lithium-ion batteries. The individual concepts are fitted with different power sources to charge the batteries to extend the vehicle's range. In that sense, the powertrain strategy is similar to that shown by General Motors in the Chevrolet Volt concept at the 2007 Detroit auto show.
Chrysler gave these details of the concepts:

You must be registered for see images

Chrysler ecoVoyager
CHRYSLER ECOVOYAGER: A four-passenger, single-box design. The ecoVoyager uses a hydrogen-fed fuel cell to generate electricity for the 200-kilowatt electric motor and battery pack. The powertrain is stored below the vehicle's floor. Chrysler says the vehicle would have range of at least 300 miles, and a 0-to-60-mph time of less than eight seconds.

Dimensions: Length, 191.2 inches; width at H-point, 75.4 inches; height, 63 inches; wheelbase, 116 inches.

Dodge Zeo
DODGE ZEO: This is a four-door, four-passenger, 2+2 sport wagon. ower comes from the advanced lithium-ion battery pack, which has a range of 250 miles, Chrysler says. The battery pack, presumably recharged by plugging into the power grid, feeds a 250-kilowatt electric motor, which gives the vehicle a 0-to-60-mph time of less than six seconds.

Dimensions: Length, 172.8 inches; width at H-point, 68.6 inches; height, 50.8 inches; wheelbase, 109.9 inches.

Jeep Renegade
JEEP RENEGADE: Here's a small, sporty concept that combines the lithium-ion battery pack, electric motors and a Bluetec diesel engine. The result is fuel economy of about 110 mpg. The Renegade concept has an aluminum body structure for less weight and dual electric motors for four-wheel-drive capabilities. Chrysler says the output of the electric motors totals 85 kilowatts. Styling features include a cut-down windshield, roll bar, openings in the door panels and a hose-out interior.

Jeep Renegade
Dimensions: Length, 153 inches; width at H-point, 62.9 inches; height, 56.3 inches; wheelbase, 101.6 inches.

This article was last updated on: 11/20/07, 15:04 et​

Chrysler concept cars ~juli

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting Juli. I heard that they are also considering the Dodge Fartero. It is similar to the Nitro but fueled by Hydrogen Sulfide and Methane.

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A similar rumor was going around at one point about the Corvette and rebading it either as its own brand or even as a Cadillac. I doubt there was ever any REAL truth to it, but if there were, I am certain GM would get massive amounts of feedback that Corvettes better not have anything else other than a bowtie on them. I'm confident Dodge would probably get similar feedback on the Viper. It would just seem wrong to call it anything else. Don't mess with tradition.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A similar rumor was going around at one point about the Corvette and rebading it either as its own brand or even as a Cadillac. I doubt there was ever any REAL truth to it, but if there were, I am certain GM would get massive amounts of feedback that Corvettes better not have anything else other than a bowtie on them. I'm confident Dodge would probably get similar feedback on the Viper. It would just seem wrong to call it anything else. Don't mess with tradition.

I think the Vette needs to be in the Buick line. Oh, yes... Introducing the new 2009 Buick Corvette. :lmao:

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read in Motor Trend today that is going to remain the Dodge Viper as it should.