The good thing about Vipers in the winter!

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got the Viper up on the four post lift, the Lions on the radio losing (weekly), I got frustrated at my project so I , put the wrenches down, lit a cigar, opened another beer and just cleaned the bottom for awhile. I figured out how to resolve my frusterating issue and I'll hit it again over the long Christmas holiday. No need to rush, I've got all winter to get this done and I still enjoyed a great afternoon with the Viper.

By the time April rolls around the bottom will be cleaner than the body! :2tu:

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got frustrated at my project so I , put the wrenches down, lit a cigar, opened another beer and just cleaned the bottom for awhile.

Anybody else having trouble pushing certain images out of their head?:omg:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still driving mine. The first time since I've owned it that it has been driven in December. Thank you Al Gore.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is up on jackstands, spent 4 hours lying on my back yesterday cleaning the frame, suspension, etc, loved every minute of it. I plan on spending many more hours in the next few weeks under the car, then its time to start working on the engine bay.

ENY7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where's the best place to jack up an SRT10 with a low floor jack to get it up on stands on each corner. I've seen the corners where the stands or jack goes. All these damn skid plates. I'm afraid to bend something. Actually, I've already got it up but would like to hear to see if I choose the right place to put the jack.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate winter.
Start the car every couple weeks, let it warm up, then drive it around the parking ramp, and park again.

Nick

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I never clean my Viper. Last person to wash my car was Johnny when we went to Biltmore.

I am hoping when I wake up in the morning Santa will have washed it.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Texas, the winter comes and goes on a daily basis. I washed the Snake today after picking up a bunch of sand driving over the last few days. Tomorrow ... snow in the forecast. Then, warm and clear again for a few days. We get to drive/ride all year with a few days that it's just too risky with all the drivers that think you give it more gas when it starts to slip.:dunno:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How mine looks right now, west Michigan.
Luckily the owner of the SAAB is a major petrol head, gives the Viper tons of room, and looks out for it. Otherwise the Viper would be parked where the Hummer is. However, the garage is SUPER dusty & perspiration from the ceiling during the December rains make it look like crap. So it needs to be washed immediately when I take it out.

You must be registered for see images

Nick

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How mine looks right now, west Michigan.
Luckily the owner of the SAAB is a major petrol head, gives the Viper tons of room, and looks out for it. Otherwise the Viper would be parked where the Hummer is. However, the garage is SUPER dusty & perspiration from the ceiling during the December rains make it look like crap. So it needs to be washed immediately when I take it out.

Nick
Car Cover?:dunno:

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with below zero weather and snow on the ground mine sits waiting for parts to go back on, and a warm day with clear roads.

and just about to get my seats back, should have them by the weekend. New inserts to match the paint and also color match on the calipers

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ENY7, you can jack anywhere on the frame. (that didn't sound right) The 4 jacking points which are just inside of the side sills are specific places for changing tires with the car jack that goes in the trunk. I use those places initially with a small floor jack, put wood blocks under the frame (all around), then use a much larger floor jack (jacking on the frame)with some more wood blocks to finally get the room under the car for working. I have some small pieces if hardwood I put between the jack and whatever jacking point location on the car, including frame, to keep from damaging finish on underside. The base wood blocks are 12"x12"x12". I need more like 16" clearance for working so I add pieces of 2"x6". I have some pieces of sheet rubber 1/8" thick I put over the last block that the frame rests on. A lot of work, but the Viper may be up there for a week or two, and it is a labor of love.

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the winter the best because I can take the top off and don't have to run the air conditioner. Not trying to rub it in here, but it was mid 70s yesterday so I washed the car and took it out to run errands. I probably drive it less in the summer when it hits 110 and you guys are out enjoying the nice summer temps where you're at.

V

Venomiss

I like the winter the best because I can take the top off and don't have to run the air conditioner. Not trying to rub it in here, but it was mid 70s yesterday so I washed the car and took it out to run errands. I probably drive it less in the summer when it hits 110 and you guys are out enjoying the nice summer temps where you're at.

70's? Isn't that when everyone was wearing white suits and bell bottoms?

Disco on and enjoy that lovely weather.:dj:

Reaction score
I've lived in southeast Florida since 1976, and I can not remember when it was ever this cold for this long.

Yes, in Jan. 1977 it snowed down here, but it was back warmer the next several days.

I now know, I do not want to live anywhere else that has cold weather more often than I have experienced in the past 10-days.

Signed,
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

V

Venomiss

I've lived in southeast Florida since 1976, and I can not remember when it was ever this cold for this long.

Yes, in Jan. 1977 it snowed down here, but it was back warmer the next several days.

I now know, I do not want to live anywhere else that has cold weather more often than I have experienced in the past 10-days.

Signed,
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just figured you would go ahead and corner the Orange Juice futures market after this spell.
Where is Beeks anyway?:rolaugh:

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It snowed lightly here all day so I came home to 1 1/2" of snow to snowblow off of the drive. During the first trip down the drive I wrapped a rope from a sled the kids left out around the snowblower auger, 15 minutes with the knife and I got it out. I restarted the snow blower, got half way down the drive and I ran out of gas. Of course I had no fuel mixture left so I had to mix it. I don't know what it is but as hard as I try I can't seem to ever mix two stroke gas without getting it all over me. Restared the snowblower and now on my third pass I wrapped the dog tie out chain around the auger. At this point, I quit. Welcome to winter mondays.

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70's? Isn't that when everyone was wearing white suits and bell bottoms?

Disco on and enjoy that lovely weather.:dj:

Are you trying to tell me that everyone is not wearing bell bottoms anymore? Rats! Guess I need to go clothes shopping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang