The Horror...We Have Volkswagen Parts on our Vipers!!!

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the part has been discontinued, saw it in a foglight thread not too long ago

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Old thread but an interesting read. I too am interested in the vw foglights.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know exactly what VW cars the fog lights were fitted to? I bought some 2nd hand ones from a MK2 Golf, but although they looked the same in the pictures, they turned out to be Bigger than the Vipers Fog lights.

There must be salvage yards full of old VWs where prices should be much cheaper than Viper parts?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, if someone would have the VW part # for the fog light ,it would be great..

Old thread but an interesting read. I too am interested in the vw foglights.

I would like to know exactly what VW cars the fog lights were fitted to? I bought some 2nd hand ones from a MK2 Golf, but although they looked the same in the pictures, they turned out to be Bigger than the Vipers Fog lights.

There must be salvage yards full of old VWs where prices should be much cheaper than Viper parts?

Here is the recent thread from a week or two ago.
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/661926-Gen-II-fog-lights

T
o me, it sounds like adapting Gen 3 lights is the cheapest way to go, unless you live in Europe and have the time to go looking through salvage yards.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score

According to the local VW dealer here, they were on 1982-1990 VW Polo. Discontinued.

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my Lambo, the spark plugs from the dealer were $75 each and they were a NGK plug in the box that the NGK part number Autozone Had in stock for $5 bucks a plug.