The Lightweight hatches are done! Save 60+ LBS for the track!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

Does the rear hatch attach to the roof at the OE position, using OE type hardware? The pictures make it look like this is the case and using pins at the rear makes sense.

For the rear of the hood, I would fabricate something like what I see in your pic Steve, using the rear OE hood bracket studs to mount the new bracket for the new hood pins. At the front of the hood, I'd try to install the new hood pins in the OE spot, removing the rubber bumpers and using the existing nuts if possible.

Not sure about what to do in the middle of the hood though if the CF hood is flexing or lifting at high speed. Would like to hear your thoughts for a center hood pin arrangement.

Dan

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.

Does the rear hatch attach to the roof at the OE position, using OE type hardware? The pictures make it look like this is the case and using pins at the rear makes sense.

For the rear of the hood, I would fabricate something like what I see in your pic Steve, using the rear OE hood bracket studs to mount the new bracket for the new hood pins. At the front of the hood, I'd try to install the new hood pins in the OE spot, removing the rubber bumpers and using the existing nuts if possible.

Not sure about what to do in the middle of the hood though if the CF hood is flexing or lifting at high speed. Would like to hear your thoughts for a center hood pin arrangement.

Dan

Dan,

The big bolt right above the shock is a perfect location, the bolt only holds the carbon inner fender to the shock tower, so to change that to a regular bolt ans maybe a coupling nut would be ideal , no holes, no cutting , easy access

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dan,

The big bolt right above the shock is a perfect location, the bolt only holds the carbon inner fender to the shock tower, so to change that to a regular bolt ans maybe a coupling nut would be ideal , no holes, no cutting , easy access

Thats what I was thinking. Just not sure where that bolt falls in terms of the new hood as it seems to be pretty narrow right there between the hood vents.

Maybe you or I could add some stiffener at that point for an additional hood pin? Maybe just a larger metal "lower part" of the pin bracket?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Just not sure where that bolt falls in terms of the new hood as it seems to be pretty narrow right there between the hood vents.

Maybe you or I could add some stiffener at that point for an additional hood pin? Maybe just a larger metal "lower part" of the pin bracket?

we could make another offset bracket to place the pin anywhere in that general vicinity,

One thing I have been wanting to do is develop a cross brace for the SRT10's, The Gen 5 has one and it is stiffer, the Comp Coupe has one and it handles like crazy

I bet the ACR/ACRX could use one as well, there just isn't room under the stock hood

But under the pin on........

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
we could make another offset bracket to place the pin anywhere in that general vicinity,

One thing I have been wanting to do is develop a cross brace for the SRT10's, The Gen 5 has one and it is stiffer, the Comp Coupe has one and it handles like crazy

I bet the ACR/ACRX could use one as well, there just isn't room under the stock hood

But under the pin on........

Funny, I was thinking the same thing this morning when I opened the hood on my ACR to try and figure out how to mount the brackets for the new CF hood.

No real sure how the brace mounts up on the Gen V, but I do have some pretty good HD pics.

I'll try a brace under the CF hood if you'll make the brace. Would a Comp Coupe brace be a good starting point?

Dan

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I was thinking the same thing this morning when I opened the hood on my ACR to try and figure out how to mount the brackets for the new CF hood.

No real sure how the brace mounts up on the Gen V, but I do have some pretty good HD pics.

I'll try a brace under the CF hood if you'll make the brace. Would a Comp Coupe brace be a good starting point?

Dan

I checked my old Comp coupe parts catalogue and those dang things are $1150.00

The Gen 5 cross brace (I have looked at it a lot as well) has bars going longitudinally from the shock tower to the approx point where the hood hinges go

We would have to basically do the same, make a longitudinal bar first on each side and then attach the cross brace to it, and then hopefully be able to make a pice that could be stomped and massaged to fit under a stock hood, but for sure under the pin on....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi