The REAL question? How long to TOTAL the first SRT?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess? 5 weeks.

Next bet: What color will go down first? Red, Black, or Silver?

What an ignominious distinction for the poor (fill in the blank) who gets the boobie prize. Should we take up a consolation collection in that event?

Place your bets here NOW!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say less than three weeks and it will be RED
frown.gif

OP
OP
GTS Dean

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll admit it's a bit of a morbid interest, but it beats prime time TV crapola like MTV or Anna Nicole.
rolleyes.gif
At least it's on topic.

Herman Buehrle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can put me down for the second day of ownership, given that all 2003 owners should have some experience with the power and handling. However, that doesn't mean that someone, somewhere, ends up doing someting...... What was the previous percent of first day crashes, and totals? JonB?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herman Buehrle:
You can put me down for the second day of ownership, given that all 2003 owners should have some experience with the power and handling...What was the previous percent of first day crashes, and totals? JonB? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back in 1996, there had been 47 1st-day-delivery totals of GEN ONE cars. Admittedly, a much more TWITCHY vehicle. In fact, I ALMOST lost mine on day 1 back in 1993, despite a lot of previous experience w/ Porsche, Lotus, vettes, Jags.

Almost every month I get a call from a dealer, insurance adjuster, or owner, telling me about a low-mile, under 1000-mile car that is totalled. 3 in December so far. One on day 3. 500 miles.

Deans question was a DATE: When will the 1st total occur?

Of course, some owner WILL total on day-1......but how soon will that occur? DATE POOL BEGINS NOW: Dec 29 is my guess, likely in a cold climate.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic. I wonder if thiese new cars will be as easily totaled now that the front end may not cost a minimum of 20k to replace. Outside of the fact that could you imagine what an owner will want in compensasion. "This is a first year car which is unavailable and if I want to get another one it's going to cost me 100K blah, blah, blah." I don't think the insurance companies will be totaling these out so fast. Maybe these were designed so the frames don't kink as easily (but I doubt that since they need to pass all the front end crunch tests).

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT is a far more forgiving car than even the GTS -- to say nothing of the Gen-1 -- but 525 ft/lbs + no DSC? I'm guessing the first one'll be totalled in January '03. The only saving grace is that [almost] all the SRT owners will have prior Viper experience.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWALK35:
I'm going to say an illinois car on jan. 18th. Just a guess!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is that????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960