The three cars I want to see compared on the road and track against the Gen V...

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta-

You must be registered for see images attach

The reason I'd like to see this is because I feel like it is almost a big brother to the Viper since they are under the same roof now. It will be Ferrari's claimed fastest street legal production car yet, so seeing how it will stack up would be very entertaining. I guess the other part of it is that this and the 599 GTO remind me of a Viper.

2014 Lotus Esprit-

You must be registered for see images

Lotus has always been touted as a driver's car. This one looks pretty strong as far as numbers. 612 HP and 3,197 lbs should make it interesting. The big thing is people have said many times that there is nothing comparable to a Viper for the same price, but this car is expected to start at $110,000. Hmmmm...

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo-

You must be registered for see images attach

Now the reason I'd like to see this is because it seems to be the car that quite a few members would like to have or do have. The Viper is intending to take buyers away from the Gallardo, so a direct comparison would be great.

The reason I listed these three and not the more obvious choices like the upcoming Vette is because the Viper is always compared in the magazines to those cars. I thought these cars would bring unique comparison as well as good entertainment for the reasons above. However, I doubt any magazine will pit these cars against each other. What do you guys think?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent choices. The F12 is certainly in the running for the ultimate grand touring supercar. The Esprit is both gorgeous and will likely deliver tremendous performance numbers for it's Viper-esque price point. Just for fun, I'd throw in the other Americanos - the ZR1 and, as a stretch, the Mustang Shelby GT500. I don't really consider the 'Stang in the running, but it's the bargain of the group and it would be fun non-the-less. That would be an entertaining read.

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the cars you chose. I would love to see these comparisons. Right now I'm having a very tough mental battle between the Gallardo and Viper. I keep going back and forth between which to buy.....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great choices. I hate the redesign on the Gallardo. Imho it flat out *****. But performance wise it will be a great comparo between those 3. Id guess between those three the stiffest competition for the Viper on a circuit track will come from the Lotus.

Id like to nominate the Mclaren MP4 and the 2013 GTR to this list of possible comparos as well.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great choices. I hate the redesign on the Gallardo. Imho it flat out *****. But performance wise it will be a great comparo between those 3. Id guess between those three the stiffest competition for the Viper on a circuit track will come from the Lotus.

Id like to nominate the Mclaren MP4 and the 2013 GTR to this list of possible comparos as well.

I may be biased but I like the clean simplicity of the pre LP Lambo's. The 560 front is okay. But this is getting ridiculous.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be biased but I like the clean simplicity of the pre LP Lambo's. The 560 front is okay. But this is getting ridiculous.

Im the same way Jon. The originals were cleaner and purer design. I did think the 560 wasn't at all bad but borderline if they went just a little further with the angles and cuts...........................Unfortunately they went a little further with this new design if you can call it that. Hideous. It looks like it should have been the 1st gen instead of the 3rd gen. They went backwards with this new design imho.

On another note the rims on the Lotus and the Galardo above look very similar....

Last edited:

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they changed the plan with the Esprit. Instead of using the ISF engine, they will design one themselves, which will put out around 570bhp....or have they gone back to their original plan?

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The 2013 LP is hideous in the rear. I love the 04-08 gallardo's the best.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they changed the plan with the Esprit. Instead of using the ISF engine, they will design one themselves, which will put out around 570bhp....or have they gone back to their original plan?

They are to be building their own. They are claiming their V8 will be over 150 lbs lighter than the ISF engine. I still thought it was over 600 HP though.

I still think the F12 is going to be a monster. Something tells me it may give the ring record a good push.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Porsche 911 Turbo S will sure be a good runner with the Gen 5.The new 911 Turbo(991) will also be out soon also.The 911/991 Turbo will have 3 turbos and be as least as fast or faster as the 911/997 Turbo S.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the day when the Viper waxed all of Ferrari's lineup other than their supercars (F50, Enzo). The 458 is already too close for comfort. The F12 has more power and will more than likely eat the Viper's lunch, without rendering payment.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the day when the Viper waxed all of Ferrari's lineup other than their supercars (F50, Enzo). The 458 is already too close for comfort. The F12 has more power and will more than likely eat the Viper's lunch, without rendering payment.

Look, the F12 might eat everyone's lunch. It seems like it will be a monster, but I think that is the one car currently that if the Viper were to lose to, I'd have no love loss. Now this loss to a 4 year old ZR1 hurts....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets