The viper and the movies

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember back in the day when the viper had it's own TV show dubbed "viper"? Well what about the movies? Vipers have been in quite a few! So I came across this list of movies that the viper has played a brief part in! Some of which I've never heard of!

Viper (TV show) (1993-94, 1996-99) featured a blue Viper GTS (and a red RT/10) that converted into The Defender.
The Nutty Professor (1996) featured a red Viper RT-10 being driven by the protagonist.
RPM (1998) featured a red Viper RT-10 in a car chase.
Inspector Gadget (1999) featured a blue Viper GTS being broken into.
The Ninth Gate (1999) also featured a Viper RT-10 in a car chase.
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) briefly featured a yellow Viper SRT-10.
Michel Vaillant (2003) featured a racing edition Viper GTS-R.
Banlieue 13 (2004) briefly featured an early-production Viper RT-10.
Crash (2005) featured a black Viper ACR.
The Drake and Josh Movie (2005) featured a red Viper SRT-10
My 5 Wives (2000) briefly featured a red Viper RT/10.

BTW did you notice something here? EVERY model of the viper has been in a movie! :2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. 3000 (baseball movie starring Bernie Mac) had a GTS (black?) in it briefly. It was owned by the young star on the team. Only time it was in the movie was for a few seconds when Bernie and the guy were talking beside it in a parking garage.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also in a hallmark movie i saw his name was Dr. H e n n e s s s y (if I remember correctly) and he owned a gen 3 red vert. sorry i just saw the part that the viper was in and i dont remember the title.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And while it pains me to say it, the current District B13 features what initially looks to be a red Gen I. In the movie trailer (screen captures below) you see it getting crashed into by a truck. Yet when you slo-mo through it, the car appears to be a kit car! Probably one of those fancy Vettpers. Here are a couple rough screen captures:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

While a French film with English subtitles, it is supposed to be a very good action movie and rates higher than just about everything else out there according to Rotten Tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10005823-district_b13/

We will probably catch it tonight on the big screen before it heads to video...

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris if you pause it when the van slams into it there's a space between the hood and the wheel and you can acutally see right through it! It's just a frame with a viper body!

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Ocean's Eleven, when he's talking to the stripper on the side of the strip, there's a black/silver GTS in the background :)

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In French Kiss, in the background of an extremely brief shot (on screen less than a second) is a red Gen I parallel parked outside the Georges V Hotel in Paris.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One episode of "Roswell" had a sapphire GenII. One of the aliens changed the color to a Bumblebee to keep from being noticed around town (the color of the car, not the car itself). I wish I could change the color whenever I wanted to fit my mood!

Also, the now infamous VW commercial....."I'm compensating for my shortcomings".

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else remember how he passed the keys to his wife so he could drive the hummer??? I always knew Chevy chase was a *******............

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was that Christmas movie that santa magicly turns an old caddy convert into a red RT10 but I can't remember the name of the movie

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last season of the shield had a black vert gen 3 in the impound yard, showed the car for about 2 minutes.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTV had a show a few years back called "Undressed". In the first or second season, a college basketball star on the show had a blue/white GTS.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One Night At McCool's has a silver GTS (the movie itself ***** IMO), and in one of the last episodes of the tv series Fastlane they showed a red gen 2 RT/10 in the "candy store".

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the fact that there was one listed on the board of stolen cars in the remade "Gone in 60 Seconds" count?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
VCA members supplied:
Yellow GTS in "Herbie"
Sapphire GTS in "ER"
Red GTS in "Johnny Zero"

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Master Of Diguise has a red rt in the back ground. The movie "Honey" has a black gts. The Punisher (NEW) has a Silver gts in the background at a hotel.

fayardp

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't believe this post is out now.
Since quite a while now I was planning to
make a list of every Viper-apparition on TV or
on the big screen.
Only yesterday I noticed a Viper in the beginning
of the movie "Bones" with Snoop Dogg.
And, there was a red RT/10 in the sitcom
"married...with children". When Al's Dodge hat a million miles on it or so he was promised a brand new Viper by Dodge.
I hope ya all keep posting every Viper apparition...

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here's one for ya...

On several episodes of WALKER TEXAS RANGER :)D) there was a red Gen I RT/10.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There was a Black GTS, a Sapphire GTS, and a Red RT10 during the last season of Angel - it was a running joke about how Angel never got the chance to drive it even though it was his favorite car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang