The Viper LIVES!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is very proud to announce that Dodge is announcing that the Viper will CONTINUE under the Dodge brand for at LEAST the next two model years. This is due in no small part to the efforts of the national officers and especially Bob Carroll, who donated hundreds upon hundreds of hours to help make our voices heard. CAAP will continue to build them and we will continue to buy 'em.

Thanks go out to all the folks at Dodge, Chrysler, and Fiat for their continued support. Congratulations to everybody in the VCA!

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler Decides Not To Sell Viper

Chrysler Decides Not to Sell Viper Sports-Car Unit (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

By Mike Ramsey
July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Chrysler Group LLC, the U.S. automaker run by Fiat SpA, said it will no longer pursue the sale of the Dodge Viper sports-car business.
The Detroit plant that makes the $91,000 car, powered by a V-10 engine, will continue production, the Auburn Hills, Michigan-based company said today in a statement. The factory had been slated to close at the end of 2010.
Chrysler is keeping the Viper business, which had been for sale since August 2008, after the company was formed on June 10 from assets of the bankrupt Chrysler LLC. The Viper unit had 2008 earnings before interest and taxes of $16 million, according to bankruptcy documents.
The Viper “captured the hearts and imagination of performance enthusiasts around the globe,” Mike Accavitti, chief executive officer of the Dodge brand, said in the statement.
U.S. sales of the Viper fell 48 percent to 309 in this year’s first half. The two-seat car, which began sales in 1992, is more than twice as expensive as any other Chrysler model.
To contact the reporter on this story: Mike Ramsey in Southfield, Michigan, at [email protected]

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kind of nice to have Mike Accavitti and company at the helm of Dodge Sales and Marketing, as we all know how much he is endeared to the Viper. This is in no small part due to the officers of the VCA who introduced him to the brotherhood/sisterhood of Viper owners and his long, long time love of racing, performance and all things MoPar. We now have one agenda, with one Director, and the rumors can go lie in the gutter where so many of them belonged.

The Club we all belong to has done some fantastic work to keep the love alive during a difficult time in the auto industry. We are marque owners who buy tons of Chrysler products, convince our friends to buy Chrysler products, and the VCA Gang of hard working National Officers, Directors, etc. have done a superb job of staying in touch with Corporate and keeping our message current. I think many of us today are witnessing a rebirth, a vote of confidence and the continuation of the true , iconic, muscle car King of America. Have pride in what you drive and thank Mike , the SRT Team, VCA, and Chrysler for realizing we will make a difference and we own a car that will do the same!!!

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper
Past owner of a 1996, 1998 and 2000 GTSs, 2005 SRT10, 2006 SRT10 Coupe
Current owner of a 2004 Silver SRT10, 2004 Dodge Ram W2500 Diesel, 2008 Chrysler 300C AWD:usa:

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Long live the Viper and Hurray for some sound thinking on the part of Fiat and Dodge. Thank God for all the VCA folks that are Hell bent on not only keeping and supporting the Viper as a production car but keeping the Viper "what it is".... the most fun you can have in a sports car period.
Why do Drugs? You can own a Viper, be an adrenaline *****, and look great too!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dassa niiiice! :D
Tank you, a-Tony! :kiss:

heh heh, just kidding!
That is really good news!

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great. I will buy two vipers. 14 new 3500 and 2500 trucks when Tators can sell
again. Until then hasta la vista baby!!!!!!!!! :usa:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is very proud to announce that Dodge is announcing that the Viper will CONTINUE under the Dodge brand for at LEAST the next two model years. This is due in no small part to the efforts of the national officers and especially Bob Carroll, who donated hundreds upon hundreds of hours to help make our voices heard. CAAP will continue to build them and we will continue to buy 'em.

Thanks go out to all the folks at Dodge, Chrysler, and Fiat for their continued support. Congratulations to everybody in the VCA!

The right leaders at the right place, right time CAN make a difference! Hats off to you guys! :2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is good news BUT how about you all [Chris/Bob] asking them to restore a VCA supporting Viper Dealer? Don't do it for me, do it for your VCA family and America! :usa:

Take note of the "views counter"

http://www.legalshowtime.com/video/62/The-Fight-to-Save-Tator

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is good news BUT how about you all [Chris/Bob] asking them to restore a VCA supporting Viper Dealer? Don't do it for me, do it for your VCA family and America! :usa:
Chuck -

One victory at a time my friend. This is a very big win for the Viper nation and certainly doesn't take away from your plight. Understand that you are now lumped in with 700+ other dealers that lost their franchises: It is much, much more difficult than when we campaigned very heavily on your behalf behind the scenes when you were "singled out" previously. To this day I don't suspect many know to what lengths the VCA went to "Save Tators".

Rest assured that we will continue our efforts behind the scenes but will not publicize any of it. Otherwise we will be answering phone calls and e-mails at all hours of the day from other dealers that are in the same boat as you.
Now back to our humble little victory dance for The Big Win. :beer:
Chris

:spin: :bounce: :spin:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my car last month...I love the fact they are continuing to make them! Now I have a Gen4 to look forward to

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you have Chris and I can't thank you all enough! Its just I still don't get it, it makes no business sense for what they have done? The Viper community HAS loyalty but 95 years doesn't?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the comments too - it looks like the reactions are generally very positive (and some pretty hilarious)...

The Dodge Viper Is Alive! - Dodge Viper - Jalopnik

This is an awesome qoute...

"Good on them for keeping it. Most brands, like most families, benefit from having an unhinged, somewhat uncouth member lurking in the gene pool.":lmao:
And oh so true.

This is FANTASTIC news thanks to all the officers (and past officers;)) that worked so hard to impress our wishes on those that matter.:2tu::headbang:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally - they think straight and announce the only intelligent thing that they could do.

As I've been saying to every Viper hater that posts on this forum - Why would Dodge keep building a pickup and other cars that lose money but close down Challengers and Vipers that show a profit? The rumors were totaly ********!!!

I think Dodge could have sold Viper for a hundred mill and it would have helped LLC a tiny bit - that's all. No one made any smart offers so Chrysler will continue to make another easy $10,000,000 a year for another couple years. It's too bad that they'll be keeping the profits and not investing in another 100rwhp engine for 2013?

YES, we need to get Chuck re-listed before he tells Chrylser to take a hike and that shows the world what a profiteerring outfit Chrylser became because of finacial hardtimes.

"WE, THE PUBLIC" like companies that take care of their obligations and care about Loyalties. WE, THE PUBLIC like a company that 'takes care of it's own." We, THE PUBLIC, like a company that keeps track of it's history (and it's roots)!!!

It's a sad day when recognized CHRYSLER EXPERTS like Chuck =- the Wizard -= don't work for Chrylser. Perhaps they'll outsource. That could include me, JonB, Dan Cragin, Larry Macedo? LOL

Ted

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thrilled. Nobody has been more pessimistic than me about Viper's future. Apparently they looked at and saw of course there is money to be made. I'm very excited that Viper will continue, and, as Dodge and not some sold off Viper. Now I can't wait for the VOI XI. Hopefully it will be as great as X was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave