Things to say to admirers?

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being new to the Viper and having a shiny red 98 RT/10 it seems everyone wants to walk over, take a minute to look and ask a couple questions, inevitably many say they would love to have one.

I kind of just listen and put a word or two in to make them feel welcome but find myself in a little more silence than maybe there should be? (If you know what I mean)

Could we have some interesting facts, history or good conversation pieces? I'm sort of at a loss here guys. Thanks for any public relations help.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far mostly dudes, besides the wife catches me giving rides and I won't be riding once I get home if you catch my drift! Plus if you have 3 or 4 people you'll be ******* all day being the ridemaster.

Now a hot blonde might get a quick run as those are my weak point. Hence the platinum one at home!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, most people who approach me already have a list of questions in their mind and I just answer them. If they dont have any questions, you can give them some background info on your car. when you bought it, how fast youve been, where you bought it, what year it is, etc. Just the basic stuff. I dont go into details about how much I paid or stuff like that. If asked, I just answer "under $100k"

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just start chatting. I must have talked to 50 people at a car show Sunday. They pump out the questions, generally basic stuff. Standing there and not talking is bad, gives Viper owners that stuck up label......

As for the hot girls, I had a girl at a show a couple weeks ago that seemed to have a ******* looking at the car! It was something else to listen to. I was a couple cars away talking to a few other people, we were all laughing. She was not much to write home about or I would have went over :)

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah He's a ******* man ALL THE WAY! I'm not saying you have to look for people they usually find us.

[when you bought it, how fast you've been, where you bought it] That's a start!

V10SpeedLuvr & 94RT10Ohio well said, let them ask the questions and we just try and answer, I know there's some other things we can do to be kind and engaging so what have YOU done lately?

Maybe some stories will reveal the hidden gems grasshopper? Something along the lines of what was your coolest experience when discussing the car with passers by?

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In round three of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, Larry the Cable Guy nails it on Wal-Mart :nono: . I think I'll cruise Macy's :2tu:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the question - "How fast does it go....?" I always say I "drive the speed limit" and smile. It gets the point across.

You can tell them about Vipers at Lemans and the roadracing success. People love to hear that. For them, it is a race car.

Gas mileage is another big one. When I tell them the mpg for the highway (that is usually better than their truck), they are amazed.

For the people who say that they want to have one, tell them you were that way once as well. You own one now, and it is really worth the wait.

If it is a young kid and you have a safety harness, with their parents permission, put them in the car for a few seconds buckled in. The smiles are worth it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. If theyre 18+, female and hot, just offer them a ride ;)

Yeah but you cruise Walmart looking for chicks! :D

If you look past the part of both girls turned out to be psycho, im telling ya, babeshopping at walmart is an untapped market :nana:

Trust me Chad, most of the girls at Walmart have been tapped at least once... ;)

Z06reformed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of chicks at the Mall and Chuckie Cheese(moms)LOL

I have had people hanging out of the car windows to tell me how much they like mine lately.Th eonly other car that did that was a 69 Camaro I had.The only question then was "What year is it?".Almost felt like that commercial a few years ago with teh guy that had the T-bird "Its a 56".I wanted a license plate with ITS A 69 because I got so tired of that.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy try to tell me about the "Venom Package" that Vipers came with. I just sat there and let him try to tell me something about my own car...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When approached, I just tilt my head back with an air of superiority and sneer....
j/k!

Most of the time I hear "nice car", and I say "Thank you very much", or "I appreciate that". That makes them think Viper owners aren't arrogant pricks, makes them feel good, like a warm fuzzy thing to make their day.

One car full of youngsters rolled down their windows, and the young man driving said he'd rather have a GTS than the new ZO6! I wasn't sure what to say back, it caught me off guard. I thought that was an unusual sentiment coming from a young guy, since the ZO6 is lighter and faster. He knew exactly what he liked, thats for sure.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the question about how much i paid for it.

i always say: too much! but you know what? i am worth it and i probably should have spent more!

:D

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When approached, I just tilt my head back with an air of superiority and sneer....
j/k!

You should all do what the owner of an Enzo did to me at a car show last weekend, ***** when someone gets to close!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are those things on the hood?.....Radio speakers.

What are those yellow pointy things in the headlights?...
Laser guns to clear Mustangs out of the way.

How fast will it go?....Fast enough to win LeMans

How much does it cost? ....About $80,000....And you don't own it, you kinda have a relationship with it.

With young kids, especially if their parents are around..
"You know if you want to get one of these you better make sure you get good grades so you can afford it."
(Mothers will fall all over themselves to hug you after this one)

And a great idea I first learned from Chris Marshall here is to carry a Polaroid camera in the car, put the kid in the drivers seat, take his or her picture and give the picture to them. You won't believe the response and the subsequent great feeling it gives you.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great answers guys, KEEP THEM COMING! and I'll print it and collate the final list of things we can do and say. Momma's in the next room calling my tail to bed, gotta quit peckin!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And a great idea I first learned from Chris Marshall here is to carry a Polaroid camera in the car, put the kid in the drivers seat, take his or her picture and give the picture to them. You won't believe the response and the subsequent great feeling it gives you.

Lee that is a great idea! I'll have to try that. Better yet I can let my daughter take the pictures. It'll give here something to do at all those car shows.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. If theyre 18+, female and hot, just offer them a ride ;)

Yeah but you cruise Walmart looking for chicks! :D

If you look past the part of both girls turned out to be psycho, im telling ya, babeshopping at walmart is an untapped market :nana:

Trust me Chad, most of the girls at Walmart have been tapped at least once... ;)

Or twice and some actually have teeth. :D

FE+ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it is a young kid and you have a safety harness, with their parents permission, put them in the car for a few seconds buckled in. The smiles are worth it.

Agree. People LOVE to get in and ******** the ACR belts! They always say something about feeling like they're in a race car. Of course, some members of the opposite sex usually need assistance with the apparatus :nana:

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a little boy, about 6, say that he didn't like my car and it wasn't a VIPER because it didn't have stripes like his at home. I couldn't help but laugh at that one, he just wasn't an RT/10 guy!!!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy ask me if it was a V8 or V10 model once. Then he was insistent that they made production V8 Vipers.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common questions:

How much did it cost? "A college education-stay in school"

How fast will it go? "Top end per factory is a little under 180-fastest I've been is around 150, not sure of the speed because I had other things on my mind other than the speedometer. (I was on a closed course at the time with a wink)"

Bet insurance is horrible? "No-my daily driver cost more than the Viper. Stay alert, watch the road, buy a radar detector, never drink and drive and use common sense."

Can I look under the hood? "Sure! Now see if you can figure out where the battery is."

What are those things in the headlights? "It a sensor that will cut back on the gas before the car pulls a wheelie so far that it's in danger of flipping the car over. It's a safety feature demanded buy the NTSA"

My friend has a (fill in the blank) that is quicker and costs less. "Cool-I love all cars and I'm sure your friend is as proud of his as I am of mine"

Wanna race? "Anytime! Drag or road course? But I'll only do it at a track"

A new Vette is faster. "True and there are more Vettes made in one year than Vipers have ever been made. We all have a dream-this one is mine"

What do you do? "I handle drug money. I'm an accountant for a drug (legal) manufacturer"

I bet it drinks gas. "It can-the best mileage I've gotten is around 22 MPH on a long road trip. Worst I've gotten was around 6 MPH when I went to Viper days and they taught me how to drive this beast!"

This is just a very partial list. I love talking about the car and its history. Bone up on some knowledge and enjoy your moments of fame. I also let people who are respectfull sit in the car and carry a digital camera with me to e-mail them a picture.

I LOVE this car!!!

Bill

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I answer the Vette thing with, "I had a new one and sold it in six months, I got tired of seeing a million of my closest friends with the same car..."

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait til no one's around your car when walking toward it to leave. On the extremely rare occasion that its a hot young chick, have a show and tell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960