thinking about a new car....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and since this is the srt-10 section I thought i'd post here...anyone here have an srt-10 ram? how do you like it? would you buy again? im thinking about getting a quad cab. anyone point me in the direction of any great deals out there that would be great too! :) If I don't get that I was thinking srt-8 300...

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 04 reg cab SRT-10 ram and It is tons of fun. I love it. I would definatly not hesitate on buying another one. (used) Next to the viper, I think its the most fun you can have with your pants on..

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might have better luck looking here.........

http://vtcoa.com/forums/index.php?page=home
^^ What he said! Great site where I still spend plenty of time! Lots of great members who know their stuff!

I used to own an '04 SRT Ram (traded it on my '06 coupe:D ) It was a great truck and lots of fun! On my truck I did a full exhaust, 4.56 gears, and a DC Performance Tune which netted me a 12.66 @ 111.xx on stock tires.

As you can imagine, anything that's available for the Viper is pretty much available for the Truck.

I miss it at times, but I had to make a choice, and picked the Viper.:cool:

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you gusy think about quad cab vs. regular. i know regular will be faster but i already have 2 cars that seat only 2 people (viper and vette). I have a passat for daily but im thinking about getting rid of that for the srt ram or should i just add the srt ram and not get rid of the passat..is it a good truck for a daily driver (don't care about the gas prices etc.)

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got rid of my '05 quad cab. I had it for a year and a half and put about 16000 miles on it as my daily driver. A few things I noticed:

1. Because its an automatic, it shifts terribly. Most people reprogram the computer (DC Performance does this) The problem then becomes if you want to tow, you have to swap controllers.

2. Because of the suspension, you need very wide roads to do U turns. I actually go the long way to avoid U turns.

3. Very good truck for long hauls, I towed my viper from CA to TX and back, no problems.

Thats about it. Enjoyed it, but ultimately got tired of driving a big truck around.

Brad

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys should become salesmen that didn't take long to convince me bought one today :eek: quad cab tottaly modified...700 rwhp to start :) :D :eek: just gotta work out the final details and it should be here in about 2 weeks. hoping gary will be able to get it onto his trailer going to find out later on today...