Thinking about wrapping my 06 Coupe

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about wrapping my 06 coupe. it's currently red with silver stripes. I'm considering two options. Firs option: Satin Black with Satin Red stripes. Second option: Some kind of Satin Orange combination. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the first one. Less in your face, plus who doesn't like satin black. I respect this mod because it's reversable, plus it protects your paint. How much does it cost to do this?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satin black fad is about 3 yrs late, and dying quick. Unless you have a classic musclecar. Satin white is the current fad, and is also going downhill.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see a warped car with the hood up and doors open to see what it looks like there

OP
OP
D

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys! I'm probably going to go with satin black with gloss or satin red stripes. I'll post pics when everything is done.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys! I'm probably going to go with satin black with gloss or satin red stripes. I'll post pics when everything is done.

Satin Black/Red has already been done. Gen 4. Gentlemen in Qatar i believe. Search the "post best pic" thread in the gen 3/4 section. Towards the last posts and it will give you a good idea on what yours will look like.

Just logged in and seen you already posted pics. Anyways I vote Orange! That would be sweet!

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My recently purchased rt10 had been previously wrapped and it needed a full repaint upon removal. May just have been the age or length of time the wrap was on it but just a warning that it may not be as "reversable" as anticipated.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see a warped car with the hood up and doors open to see what it looks like there

It looks like crap. In fact anyone into paint would not be happy with a wrapped car. Also keep in mind whatever cuts they use with the razor cut into your paint. You just dont see it until you remove the wrap. Also keep in mind if the car was painted previously(ie not orig paint) when you peel off the wrap you will most likely also peel the repainted areas.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like them both and if your going after flat this is the best option because flat black paint is a ***** to take care of,
and will probably looks scratched as hell in 1 year.
The wrap might not come off clean but it will look great for a long time compared to flat paint.

OP
OP
D

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like crap. In fact anyone into paint would not be happy with a wrapped car. Also keep in mind whatever cuts they use with the razor cut into your paint. You just dont see it until you remove the wrap. Also keep in mind if the car was painted previously(ie not orig paint) when you peel off the wrap you will most likely also peel the repainted areas.

I found a place that does incredible work. They point out that a lot of places are careless and damage the paint underneath with the razor. As long as you find a place that pays attention to deal, the wrap will turn out incredible. I've seen a Lamborghini at the place I'm having the wrap done with a Brushed Black metallic wrap and it looked way better and more unique than any black painted Lambo I've ever seen.

OP
OP
D

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like them both and if your going after flat this is the best option because flat black paint is a ***** to take care of,
and will probably looks scratched as hell in 1 year.
The wrap might not come off clean but it will look great for a long time compared to flat paint.

I'm going to go with the Satin Black with gloss red stripes. Satin black is a new vinyl that 3M has just added. It has more shine than the matte black. Should look really good.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy, but why wrap a viper?? Im sure they do some great work but removal is always iffy.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would also consider matte red since your car is red too, that way you dont have to hide the inner sides of the door plus it makes it easier to hide the wrap then orange.

Black would be a nice choice too since I did it and the good thing is that black hides everything meaning any place that needs to be connected by two peices of wrap

heres the GEN IV red with my matte red

You must be registered for see images

and it tends to change color under different lighting like in this pic its pinkish red

I can post more pics of it when it was black if you want..

OP
OP
D

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot M. Do you have pictures of the matte black in daylight?

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't get the whole matt thing, When I was poor and had no money we used to paint our cars with tremclad the finsh looked the same as above.

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my Matte Red with Single ACR stripe

OP
OP
D

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that looks insane M !!! What do you think of the new satin black by 3M with gloss black stripes and gloss black HRE P40 SC wheels look?

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think black with black stripes would stand out..

at least have the stripes done in a different color to make the black stand out. You can go for the plum edition with two purple stripes, I bet you'll be the first on this forum to do that.

here's an idea of how it could look like with black/black..

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see what you mean. It looks a lot better in this video. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLEVpMu0iLE

Cool video. I am mixed on matted color cars. Sometimes it looks sinister and sometimes is looks bad. I guess because I keep seeing 1993 Honda Civics that are only there to make you nauseous and deaf from fart can try the matte look and it ruins it for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang