Thinking of Buying 09 ACR...advice?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! Glad to see you were able to make an efficient decision. So, did you end up getting rid of the bike? If I've got it right you have the ZR1, ACR, and golf cart now...sweet!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No but I will tell you it was a pleasure talking to Bill, it is a fantastic deal but grey is just not my color. If you are looking for an absolutely smokin deal call on this car. Also he was totally fair with my trade in. 100% stand up guy.

For me Bill is da man, the gray one is sold, literally hours after I found out from Bill it was available, I'm looking into the same red/red stripe as yours but might have some issues with the Ca. smog because it is road race modified.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Herr Pemberton, did this guy end up buying the '09 ACR you told me about?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't make it past the 2nd page.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bill knew I was looking for a Sweet ACR and he made me a Smoken deal on this car and now it's on the way to Oklahoma. Thanks Bill you made so easy.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the way the wheels are now better than the all black.....ties in well with the silver stripes. Enjoy your new ride, Scott.

Bill

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"So he traded back in to a dealer in a year or less.
Wonder what happened
."

That would be me! I bought a 2012 GTR from Woodhouse in March of 2011 and just wasn't driving the Viper much as it deserved. Keep in mind I only drove the Viper when it was perfect outside, never seen rain etc. I put 3000 miles on it in 2 years, never tracked it and decided to sell it. I sold to Woodhouse for a few thousand less than what I could have sold it for myself but to me it was worth it. I have never sold a car outright before and didn't think this was the car to practice on(tire kickers, winter, etc.) Bill made it an easy transaction (as always) and I currently have a deposit down on a 2013 Viper with Woodhouse :D . Its an awesome car that I never had a problem with and already miss it. I spent a couple thousand on 3M film, aftermarket stereo, speakers, blue tooth, IPod connectivity, and its hard wired for a Passport 9500. Your welcome to get a hold of me if you have any questions and I'm glad to see it go to a good home!!!! I will be back in the Viper Saddle when Conner Ave starts spitting them out again. :D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what happened
."

That would be me! I bought a 2012 GTR from Woodhouse in March of 2011 and just wasn't driving the Viper much as it deserved. Keep in mind I only drove the Viper when it was perfect outside, never seen rain etc. I put 3000 miles on it in 2 years, never tracked it and decided to sell it. I sold to Woodhouse for a few thousand less than what I could have sold it for myself but to me it was worth it. I have never sold a car outright before and didn't think this was the car to practice on(tire kickers, winter, etc.) Bill made it an easy transaction (as always) and I currently have a deposit down on a 2013 Viper with Woodhouse :D . Its an awesome car that I never had a problem with and already miss it. I spent a couple thousand on 3M film, aftermarket stereo, speakers, blue tooth, IPod connectivity, and its hard wired for a Passport 9500. Your welcome to get a hold of me if you have any questions and I'm glad to see it go to a good home!!!! I will be back in the Viper Saddle when Conner Ave starts spitting them out again. :D

Good for you Danno.
Somebody got a great deal on a car that you took terrific care of. I did the same thing, sold an '09 back in six months to get a '10.
And I put $1500 in clear bra on the car as well.
It's now being enjoyed by a guy who tracks it down in FL.
NO regrets either.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wonder what happened
."

Your right Danno, Bill makes it too easy for us, he's a Great guy to work with. I met him three week ago @ the Presidents meeting and I told him then to start looking for a ACR for me. I just didn't think it would happen that fast or with a such a Sweet car and you took excellent care of it. I can't wait to get it and I hope this weather passes by fast, so I can get it on the road. It's cool to see club members cars go to club members and your car is going to a good home.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heading out the door in a few minutes to make the run over to West Palm Beach and do the swap. Hope everything goes good and should have some pictures of her up later when back at the Terra Tarpon stable.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive fast, Marino Motors still has your car on EBay and a pending best offer, hope it works out for you and
They uphold their deal with you.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the deal done. They were easy to deal with and all went smoothly.

Couple of shots just after got her back home.

Man it was a blast driving back across Florida. I'm going to miss my lil bumble bee.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE!!!! Congrats! Better get a california duster for that ZR1 because it will be sitting there for a while with the new addition :D

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color combo! Big fan of that scheme on the ACR.

I'm interested to hear your impressions of your new ride compared to the ZR1.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, if you could shoehorn in a Ford GT in that garage, you'd have the pinnacle of American automotive awesomeness from all the manufacturers!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, if you could shoehorn in a Ford GT in that garage, you'd have the pinnacle of American automotive awesomeness from all the manufacturers!

Nah, just get a Porsche RS and a Lexus LFA and have the top 4 Nurburgring cars....;)

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color combo! Big fan of that scheme on the ACR.

I'm interested to hear your impressions of your new ride compared to the ZR1.

After just driving it a 120 miles or so I'm just getting to feel it out a little, but so far

ZR1 way more brute power (she is 750hp), more comfortable to drive some distance, I love the heads up display, all the driver assist systems are there when wanted or needed (IE launch control, traction control, etc) adjustable suspension, smoother ride and of course the old saying "injection is nice but I'd rather be blown"

ACR, my 2002 GTS was my first experience with a Viper and it was a very good one. I have to say that so far I like the look of the 02 a little better (just kind of classic I guess) but the new one is edgier in both looks and performance. As it only has 300 miles on it I didn't thrash on it driving home but in all honesty for the little I did put in it it just hasn't given me the kick I was expecting. I do think it is a little more responsive to the driver as far as handling goes and more race ready then the ZR plus a hell of a lot more attitude! It always disappointed me that the ZR doesn't have much more personality than any other run of the mill Vette (other than the "sun Roof" in the hood).

Since I had the GTS lots of folks have asked the question "which one do you like better Vettes or Viper"? It is a hard question to answer, I'm a die-hard Corvette fan as I have 3 now, the ZR, 2002 vert and a restored 67 BB coupe and I am looking for a 60, I have probably had 25 or 30 Vettes over the years. I bought the 02 GTS kind as kind of a fluke but liked it immediately and the more I drove it the more I liked it. I read the forums about the ACR and thought about another "king of the hill" so to speak when this ACR came up and I got very interested in it and with the help of the forum I jumped in and I am positive I will enjoy having her around for some time to come.

As for the question of V vs V?? Well It's like going steady with a blond but taking the redhead to the dance. They are both great cars in their own right, similar but different.

As for the Ford GT, I have driven a couple and as great as I think they are, as of now I'm still not a Ford guy but who knows the bug may still bite. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, if you could shoehorn in a ....

You're right about the shoehorning part. I'm getting a 4 post lift to store a couple but I have one that I need to find a new home for. It's a 1935 Hudson Terraplane "barn find". I got it for my wife a couple years ago but she is not able to drive it. She has had ****** cancer and she just doesn't have the upper body strength to turn the steering wheel so the choice is to modernize it or let her go the way it is and it is just too nice to chop up so I'm looking for someone that want a great old car.

You must be registered for see images

highsierrahillbilly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good purchase on the ACR. Nice looking family too, keep livin the American dream.

High Sierra Hill Billy (Sierra Nevada's, when the weathers good and the roads are clear it gets no better with all that torque!)

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill knew I was looking for a Sweet ACR and he made me a Smoken deal on this car and now it's on the way to Oklahoma. Thanks Bill you made so easy.

The car was delivered Thursday night, I drove it 8 miles and I could not get the Grin off of my face. This car is Freaken owwwesome and now its a Rainy Saturday, it better clear up fast or someone going to get hurt!!!!!!!!!!!
What a car though, Bill's driver (Mike) went over the top on getting to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21