Thinking of Buying 09 ACR...advice?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes that's hot!
But even desperate to sell I doubt he would take more than 10K off (or would he?) and that has to sticker at 112K at least so that's a big jump.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did speak to a dealer in Texas that had a couple but we were far apart on dollars.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price on that '09 ACR that they're asking, $93k, seems about $10k too high. I bought my '09 ACR (925 miles) a year ago for $83k... and that gave me some usable factory warranty. The '09 you're looking at may have very little warranty remaining and should be priced accordingly: ask the dealer to see its in-service date, or take the VIN to your local Dodge dealership to find out.

I'd say a 2010 might be a better option... but you will NEVER regret buying a Gen IV ACR. Get the one that makes you smile the most!

Good luck,

Rich

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other way to look at it is that you can drive in, sign the check and drive away with a nearly new ACR and not look back. I guess my only point is that the market may shift in the next few months. As far as the 09 goes it has the gearing like the 08 Nurburgring car and not the gearing that the 2010 current record holder has.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did speak to a dealer in Texas that had a couple but we were far apart on dollars.

It's probably THAT dealer who despite me buying two ACR's from wouldn't even SELL me a sticker for my windshield that would advertise THEIR website.
Not naming names of course....:rolleyes:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010's are still going for close to sticker but like I said there are a few 9's out there for low 90's.

Bruce

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not speculating about future or past values, taking a snapshot of the deal you are considering doing today, it is a square deal.

Sounds like you are getting a discount on the 09 and a good trade on your 02.

Gen V Viper will not be available to general public for about a year, so that is not in the discussion for a deal being done today.

The Gen IV ACR is the current king of the hill (and the ring). It has street and track performance capabilities far and away from your bumble bee (term of endearment for yellow/black) It is faster, quicker, better handling, spectacular looking, better mileage, smoother driving, better A/C, better brakes, better driveline, superior quality of assembly and parts.

People go nuts over this car. It has rock star status.

If you take it for a ride, you will want to take out your checkbook.

Most of the left over Vipers at dealerships are pretty picked over, with few popular colors.

Best of luck with your decision. Either way, you still get to drive a Viper.

Please check out the VOI information on this site. It is a huge party, thrown by the Viper Club of America to enhance the Viper Ownership Experience.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not speculating about future or past values, taking a snapshot of the deal you are considering doing today, it is a square deal.

Gen V Viper will not be available to general public for about a year, so that is not in the discussion for a deal being done today.

The Gen IV ACR is the current king of the hill (and the ring). It has street and track performance capabilities far and away from your bumble bee (term of enderement for yellow/black. It is faster, quicker, better handling, spectacular looking, better mileage, smoother driving, better A/C, better brakes, better driveline, superior quality of assembly and parts.

People go nuts over this car. It has rock star status.

If you take it for a ride, you will want to take out your checkbook.

Most of the left over Vipers at dealerships are pretty picked over, with few popular colors.

Best of luck with your decision. Either way, you still get to drive a Viper.

Please check out the VOI information on this site. It is a huge party, thrown by the Viper Club of America to enhance the Viper Ownership Experience.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ssg/w combo looks great!

The pictures don't do that car justice... It buckles your knees when you see it in person ! I'd grab it but it will be at least a year before the stars align for me to get into a Gen4 ACR.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capt Van I pm'd you the name of a dealer with two 09 ACR's and several '10's.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with this. Square deal, clean and easy. That is worth something......

Bill

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update, we are talking and might be close.
Thanks for all the advice and info. If it works out I'll get some pictures up
Van

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do, dont get rid of the bike. I did that once and about went ape **** till I got another one.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do, dont get rid of the bike. I did that once and about went ape **** till I got another one.

Yeah, I know but it's time after 45 years of scooters, to hang up the boots. I almost hate to say it but if I do go back to bike it might be a...a....a....a....I just can't say it....3 whe...er

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would stick with a 09 yellow acr. Those look badass
You must be registered for see images
This one sold on Viperalley for 81k I don't know when though.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd probably consider selling it myself instead of trading it in to that guy. You'll come out ahead by as much as he was gonna make on the deal.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but I have not seen a yellow acr with a drivers stripe. I looked and all I could find are the roadster widebody versions not a real acr.

Not a problem, add it.
Looks wayyyyy better.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wanted advice:
Sell the GTSs yourself and check out the Woodhouse 2009- for $15K less....
Nuff said.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wanted advice:
Sell the GTSs yourself and check out the Woodhouse 2009- for $15K less....
Nuff said.

I spoke to Bill quite a bit this afternoon.
Thoughts on this one? Anyone have or seen a grey one?

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21