Thinking of Selling

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have had my 2001 GTS ACR for about a year and I have driven it only 2500 miles. It's a lot of money to have ******* for something I don't use that often. It now has just over 2500 miles and was purchased new in Feb of 2003. Sapphire blue, ACR with stripes...what should/could I sell it for??? Thanks for your input.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the absolute worst place to ask for advice on what your car is worth. You're going to get low balled and then slammed when you think your car is worth more. Then when you do sell it people will get upset with you if you don't tell them what you sold it for. Don't ask me why, but that's how it works on this board :)

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than what you would hope for, but more than if you wait another year.

The market is still soft, but you have a good color with factory stripes (only 25% of GTS's have stripes from the factory) and you don't have to many miles. If you can wait until spring you might get a little more, but if you are making payments or have some where else to put the money that you feel is a good investment.... sell now. Cars are the worst investment one can make. However, you can never go back and buy your 1st viper again and there are very few NEW GTS's left. If you decide later to get another, you will always compare it to the one you have now and wish you had it back. Tough choice.

If you married your 1st love, how much of life would you have missed? Is the grass greener?

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REDSLED knows what he is talking about - he is also an expert on turning left and blowing tires out. Email him if you want to find out how to do this without wrecking the car.
Jonathon - hope the girl is feeling better
G

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colorado isn't the best place to own one, only nice for about 6 or 7 months... these rest of the time there is snow or gravel on the road. The warmer states are lucky.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board is not the best resource for advice on selling. I've found the feedback to be somewhat out of line with reality (too many low ball artists). Check Kelley Blue Book, Edmonds and Auto Trader for a broader and perhaps more representative estimate of value.

Also, ACRs have been selling for about the same as GTSs which sure pi$$es me off given that the ACR listed for nearly $11,000 more with the comfort group. My car is likewise for sale and I've had some ridulous offers. I just politely send em' down the road to try and steal someone else's car.

Hey, if these cars are as great as so many of us think they are, how come prices are so in the gutter? The market would need to get better to ****!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide later to get another, you will always compare it to the one you have now and wish you had it back. Tough choice.

I agree with that. Your reasons for selling make sense, but I must admit you have one of the nicest/rarest GTS color combos with incredibly low mileage. It would be a tough one to replace...

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do :2tu:

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I hear??? $75 ;)

Just kidding. I am thinking of holding out for top dollar. The car is rare and in pristine condition...never tracked or raced. And as you can tell hardly driven at all.

C4L3B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly it should retail around 56-58,000. If you would like to descuss a little more, give us a call at premier sports cars. We are always looking for exceptionally well maintained cars. you can email me at [email protected] if you want to talk more.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After much deliberation and debate, I will be officially putting the car up for sale. Should I waste my time on eBay? If not were should I list it?

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay should be the last place to go. Try the VCA classified here and list it locally in the Denver Post. Vipers get pretty decent money in Colorado since they are pretty rare here and if someone wants one they usually want something local. Good luck selling, let us know how it goes.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr. Roof, you really need a third Viper.

CarDude
you will get some action but mostly from the "I want a free Viper guys", low ballers. If you have some time place the car in several different publications for sale, even DuPont, won't hurt. I have a 2002 FE with 148 miles just sitting and loosing $$$$$. I can't bring myself to accept the low prices I had been offered so there it sits.
Good Luck
Rohn

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cardude,
That's a great color combo, one of my favorites. Sorry that you have to sell. If I were you, I wouldn't take less then 60K for it.

Thanks for the support. Last time I mentioned that I might be selling it on this site I receive around 8 inquiries. I guess I was fortunate that I bought a rare/desirable color combo. I would have never thought it would make that much of a difference. I will let you guys know when I sell...

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its worth whatever you get for it. Not trying to be a smartass, but it isn't worth anything until you sell it. With the market the way it is and Vipers are hard cars to sell (small market) to begin with you may have it for a while at 65 so drive that sucker and enjoy it. It is exactly what I would like to get minus the ACR package but I wouldn't go for any more than low 50's, not sure what the ACR adds in value but why pay for something I don't want. Good luck in your sale.

P.S. As far as pricing on this forum I always thought people inflated prices trying to keep them high not low balled people.

P.S.S. Gotta love that Sapphire

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its worth whatever you get for it. Not trying to be a smartass, but it isn't worth anything until you sell it. With the market the way it is and Vipers are hard cars to sell (small market) to begin with you may have it for a while at 65 so drive that sucker and enjoy it. It is exactly what I would like to get minus the ACR package but I wouldn't go for any more than low 50's, not sure what the ACR adds in value but why pay for something I don't want. Good luck in your sale.

P.S. As far as pricing on this forum I always thought people inflated prices trying to keep them high not low balled people.

P.S.S. Gotta love that Sapphire

You must be on something...the car's original MSRP was $90K, so by your offer the car has lost almost $40K in 3 years, I don't think so. I am not out of line here, if you can find one exactly like mine for $52K, then there is something wrong with it. I really don't think you will find one like mine for sale at all. Remember it only has 2,655 miles on it.

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd try to get at the absolute least $60K. I think if you can't sell it at that price, keep it and enjoy the hell out of it. But God, if I had that car in my garage, selling it would be the last thing on my mind.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your selling your car CarDude :( Hold out for what your asking. You have a great low-mileage ACR in perfect condition which should easily fetch your asking price. My advice would be to post it on some of the local forums in your area and in the paper. I've sold a few High Performance Vehicles over the years and while E-Bay doesn't produce sales, it is a great way to advertise inexpensively. You'd be suprised how many people find cars on E-Bay and do business in person. I wish I had room in my garage for another car :)
Best Wishes!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang