This car looks like a steal to me...

rainmakr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks - we'll see. Of course that's just the buy it now price (mostly in response to a couple dealers who had inferior condition cars at $45k). I set the reserve a considerable bit lower and already got a couple beautiful trade offers worth well above either. Like I said - a bit of a crapshoot. Good news is that I'm not in any big rush. I much prefer buying cars to selling them myself. In any event, I am still curious as to the leanings of the community - not necessarily about my choices - but rather about mods in general.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you saw what that very nice 6k mile black 2000 ACR just sold for. That's much more of a wider appeal ACR.

rainmakr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah - I'm definitely not going to hit the "wide appeal" button - no argument there. I did see that that particular car went for just over $35k and I definitely thought it was better than the one that just today failed to sell at the same price (similar colors but 15.5k miles). Having said that, I had some concerns from the photos. I was particularly put off by a car "not driven in the rain" having muddy floor mats (I wouldn't even let you wash that mat and put it in my car) and also the engine compartment (which looked pretty sad to be honest - though that may have been the camera). I was also curious where the original rims were - but I do acknowledge that combo is quite popular. The paint looked very good and the mileage is awesome to be sure. Having said that, I've probably got at least $15k more into mine and I'm only looking for about $2k more total. I'm just glad I don't have to price these for a living.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evo, some people don't like the ABS on their car, as for the eutectic cast-aluminum pistons in the 2000 models, they are Stronger & Lighter than the Forged ones. The Only reason you would prefer forged is if you were going to add a SC or Turbo! The cam is smoother & a lil' milder with 6 degrees less overlap with Revised High-Leakdown Lifters, don't believe me just look in the (Vipers Buyers Guide) . Like everything else it's just personal preference. jmo

Just another view, the cast pistons are not stronger. There are some good reasons they were used, but, none of those reasons relate to strength, reliability or longevity.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc