This will make life easier for us downstate'rs...

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been bone rattling, cavity loosening, suspension devastating for SOOO long now leaving NYC headed north.

South Bronx Gets A New Bridge

August 9, 2010 7:38 AM

You must be registered for see images

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — The final installation phase for the new Willis Avenue bridge was scheduled for Monday.
A new 350-foot long span was built to replace the 109-year-old bridge that connects Upper Manhattan with the South Bronx.
LISTEN: WCBS 880′s Paul Murnane reports from over the Harlem River
The bridge was built in upstate New York and was floated down by a barge last month.
Monday morning, Mayor Bloomberg was set to be those on hand as the new bridge was floated into place.
The bridge should be open to traffic beginning in November.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty cool seeing it on the river, what's the over/under on *** holes on the new bridge?

LOL. I'd think the new surface should last for a while. It must be over 5 years since you could drive over that bridge without having to come to a near complete stop to get over the patchwork steel decking. If I'm in the Viper, I have to cross it with my hazards on so that SUV drivers don't plow into me. Scary as heck!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect timing for us. Going to the big apple this fall to see my son who works at the 43rd precinct in the south Bronx. Is it safe there?

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect timing for us. Going to the big apple this fall to see my son who works at the 43rd precinct in the south Bronx. Is it safe there?

Well, it is during the day time, especially right around the precinct house. But I wouldn't hang out there at night. Predominantly hispanci area. Gotten much better over the last 10 years, but it's certainly not the best.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cross the new bridge today on my way to the karting event. AWESOME is the only word for it NO *** HOLES :2tu: yet

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been open about a month now. First time up there, I didn't even notice that the exit had opened and I drove right by it, confused as heck as to how all these cars had managed to drive through the barricade! LOL NEVER occurred to me that the exit onto the bridge had reopened!

VERY nice drive now. Just have to "re-learn" the roadway since I've been driving over that bridge (well the old one that's now replaced) for over 15 years at barely 5 MPH holding my breath not to either take out my front facia and/or suspension or getting rear ended by some macho SUV'r. Now it's a good 50MPH run. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456