Thoughts, Tips listing 96 GTS TNT Motorsports 90k on BaT?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 1999 TNT heads, cam, headers, exhaust with other upgrades. Car has 90k on it. Could daily drive just fine as it is. The car is not perfect. It's modded. It's also a work in progress. Wondering how to approach BaT.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is more of a project car, might want to use ebay. What's wrong with it? How much do you need to get out of it? Post pictures here, ya never know..............

pacethis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what you're looking to get, but BaT is likely going to give you the least on price, and be more work.

I agree...eBay is the market you're looking for. BaT values low mileage, stock cars...and prices have been pretty low on many lately (I just bought a 93 this week).

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what you're looking to get, but BaT is likely going to give you the least on price, and be more work.

I agree...eBay is the market you're looking for. BaT values low mileage, stock cars...and prices have been pretty low on many lately (I just bought a 93 this week).

Rear antenna car?

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some years ago, friend in FL who deals in Vipers and exotics and knows the car said BaT would be best place to sell it. However my cursory research was troublesome since you basically have to "audition" for them to list and they may even set reserve. And of course, times may have changed. And so I've asked here.

There is another phenomenon that was discussed on eBay: if you begin to drop price to attract a sale, that newer, lower price has just moved the market. So it is better to keep the price where it belongs and negotiate on an individual basis. This applies to rare parts with a rarefied market where price usually has no bearing on demand. So if you lower that price, it has no effect because it may take years for a buyer who would pay anything to surface, but now you've just hurt the market for that rare part and you get less when that buyer appears.

pacethis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some years ago, friend in FL who deals in Vipers and exotics and knows the car said BaT would be best place to sell it. However my cursory research was troublesome since you basically have to "audition" for them to list and they may even set reserve. And of course, times may have changed. And so I've asked here.

There is another phenomenon that was discussed on eBay: if you begin to drop price to attract a sale, that newer, lower price has just moved the market. So it is better to keep the price where it belongs and negotiate on an individual basis. This applies to rare parts with a rarefied market where price usually has no bearing on demand. So if you lower that price, it has no effect because it may take years for a buyer who would pay anything to surface, but now you've just hurt the market for that rare part and you get less when that buyer appears.
There is some truth to that if you have a very rare car that requires the right buyer. However, with the mileage and mods, your car is going to appear to the value shopper "moving up" from a Corvette, looking for a fast driver to show off. It won't find much interest in BaT, where it would be lucky to end up above 40k...of course, I don't know what you're looking to get out of it...