Throttle Bodies Question ???

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Viper professionals :) :usa:

I own a viper GTS 1997, and it's fitted with a K&N air intake system.

I am facing a problem that i didn't notice for around 2 years , Is it a normal thing or its that important ?

It's in the throttle bodies power of sucking air ?

I have the right side Sucking Air power is stronger then the lift side when you put your hand in the air tube.

Both of the the sides are aligned and open and close at the same time no difference when i look them in my eyes sight and the hose's and every thing it fixed right and fully tited.

So is that normal ? :confused:

What should i do ? :confused:

Will it lower the performens of the car ? :confused:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, sticking your hand in the throttle body of a running engine is stupid.

Secondly, you need an instrument to properly measure vacuum. If the TB's have a manometer port use it. Or a synchronizer or something.

If you still have all 10 fingers lets move on. Otherwise seek medical help.

If you can determine you actually have a difference side to side besides the digit test known as sticking your hand in the engine, you may have an intake leak. You can spray carb cleaner around spots and if you have a leak you'll get an rpm bump with the extra fuel for that moment.

Please evaluate playing with flammable aerosols carefully though.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you mean during idle ... any check engine light? Like Dave said check for an intake leak. If it idles smooth don't worry about it. The computer controls the idle air motors.

Ted

OP
OP
V

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well thanks for advice :smirk:

Next time i going to check the suction with putting my head in the throttle body may be it will fix it ?:rolaugh:

But there is no "check engine light" and i checked for leaks i don't think there's any i sprayed some crab cleaner and it seams that no leaking detected ,:nono:

Could it be from the K&N air antic or any air sensors or oxygen sensors maybe or need some tuning maybe ?:confused:

My car has around 65,000 miles.

Do i need i change any major important things in the car that might affect the cars performance ?

We really have some dumb mechanics over here in Saudi and i cant find any one that can fix the car or repair it ? i am doing what ever i can do but i am a beginner at it .:dunno:

I thank all you guys for the advice every thing helps:2tu: with out this web site i would be lost

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang