Throttle cup has pulled out of firewall.. Help

vogue 2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no throttle on my 2001 GTS... It seems that the plastic cup that holds it in place on the fire wall has pulled out.. Is there a repair for this or do I need to buy a whole Cable asm.. Is there a aftermarket set up that's better than this plastic thing.. Last question.. is there a service bullitin or recall on this problem...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely the rubber grommet thing. If so, take a large washer with approximately 1/2 inch hole and cut a 1/2 wide slot out of it. It can then be slid into the groove where the rubber wore out and will work better than new.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely the rubber grommet thing. If so, take a large washer with approximately 1/2 inch hole and cut a 1/2 wide slot out of it. It can then be slid into the groove where the rubber wore out and will work better than new.

Here's the washer set up. Basically it amounts to a little engineering design flaw when the OEM set up was thought out. The piece above the washer should have been made bigger than the hole through the firewall. Instead, if the grommet fails for any reason--and they seem too--the whole piece goes through and you have no throttle. Happened to me 3 year or 4 years ago.

813Washer.jpg

813Image010.jpg

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine