Throttle 'hang"

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody else notice this? Occasionally, after letting off the throttle it seems to stay on the gas for a few 10ths of a second before dropping down the RPMs.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is probably a normal part of the deaccel programming.

Does anybody else notice this? Occasionally, after letting off the throttle it seems to stay on the gas for a few 10ths of a second before dropping down the RPMs.

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont let off the gas, LOL I have not heard anyone else with that issue so far. Man I miss the old cable to throttle body instead of fly by wire technology.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is your car and have you checked to see if you have the latest calibration update?

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't noticed it. And I hate slow or hanging throttle by wire setups.

I do miss having a cable as well.

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't hang that I've noticed. But I have the EVAP issue....

Doesn't make me want the reflash... I'll keep the EVAP issue instead; lol...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the reflash. I do not have any throttle hang. If the Gen V contoller is adaptive where it adapts to the driver's style, for instance like my Jeeps', it may be that it is a driving style issue. That is one of the reasons I do not let other people drive my Jeep. The go pedal is very sensitive because of my Accelerator Torettes Syndrome.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not just the throttle by wire. On my 96, it has the worst hang throttle ever. Coming off the throttle nothing would happen for over a second, and then it would step down through 3 plateau's before going to idle. About to put me into a wall at Willow Springs. This was normal for the car, and you learned to anticipate it, but it was unnerving that just when you wanted to get a little engine braking to settle the car into a high speed corner, the engine controller would take its own sweet time before returning to idle.

Heard it was something to do with emissions or to protect the cats. I do now that those cars with non factory calibrations would shoot 2' flames out of the exhausts on throttle overrun.. Those were the days.

clutchburner78

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I notice it every time I perform any type of hard acceleration, especially when I push it above above 5000 or 6000 rpm. It will "hang" for a good half second. I have the 2013.

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get this occasionally, only the hang time is very short, maybe 2-300ms. 2014 car, no idea what ECU rev yet.