Ties: Nitto NT05R vs. Hoosier A6 vs. ?

NTD929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ties: Nitto NT05R vs. Hoosier A6 vs. ?

Which do you guys prefer for a 345 drag radial?

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some guys run the Hoosier's at the drag strip, but the NT05R is specifically designed for that purpose, and would probably perform better overall. Has to do mostly with the sidewall construction instead of the tread compound. Roadcourse/autocross tires have way stiffer sidewalls for better cornering and handeling characteristics. Drag radials have softer more flexible sidewalls to help launch the car in a straight line.

OP
OP
N

NTD929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What size M/T? I was under the impression M/T did not have a 19" drag radial....

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P305/35R19 ET STREET RADIAL II

TE=NTD929;3151979]What size M/T? I was under the impression M/T did not have a 19" drag radial....[/QUOTE]

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which tire is the best for high speed roll racing..... 40-60 mph and up????

PS2 or Invo.

I think it depends on HP.

If your NA, PS2 or Invo are fine.
TT or SC roll racing, I use R6s. The trick to using R6s on the street is to "build" heat in them.
You can't sit in a parking lot, pull out on the street, maybe do a burnout and then expect them to hook. A burnout will only heat the contact surface of the tire only. R6s work best if you run for 10+ miles and warm the entire tire. This will loosen up the very stiff sidewall.

For "dig" racing. A DR seems to work best. Like ALLAN said, the sidewall is much different on a DR than an R6. The sidewall on a DR will give and slingshot the car. I use an 18" rear DR for two reasons. One reason is more sidewall to get more give and launch. The second is because there are a lot more tires to choose from in 18s.

OP
OP
N

NTD929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I went with the Nitto NT05R drag radials from VPA (great price, incredibly fast shipping) and I love them. Amazing traction, improved ride comfort.
Def a no-no for wet weather. High speed stability and hard cornering are a little questionable, but if you're looking at drag radials these shouldn't be at the top of your list.

Although the Nittos are great, still wish M/T made a 345 DR...........

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I went with the Nitto NT05R drag radials from VPA (great price, incredibly fast shipping) and I love them. Amazing traction, improved ride comfort.
Def a no-no for wet weather. High speed stability and hard cornering are a little questionable, but if you're looking at drag radials these shouldn't be at the top of your list.

Although the Nittos are great, still wish M/T made a 345 DR...........

They do. I have a set.....:dunno:

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/...ialII&sku=3788R&size=P345/35R18&type=SS&bnr=y

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth