Time slip from MIR last Saturday

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay no attention to my reaction time as I was running the clock. This was the 1st time I took the car to the track. Time was on Kumho tires leaving at idle, rolling 5 feet then hammering it. Oh yea, 100 hp shot of NOS.........One more note the mph would have been faster but I hit the brakes before the mph cones.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
L

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 ZO6
laugh.gif
He didn't look to happy when it was over. I guess the starting line spot then me winning by such a large margin got to him..
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
cool.gif

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do belive you had the fastes Viper there. It was kool to see your car run. Good job.
biggrin.gif

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
Frickin awesome run! Did you do only one? I wonder how you would have done launching at 2500-3000. Great job.

Mike

OP
OP
L

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
wonder how you would have done launching at 2500-3000. Great job.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should ask, I tried that on the very next pass. End result twisted Archer half shaft and tore the spider gears out of the rearend
frown.gif
crying.gif

Oh well, back together now
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
cool.gif
Oh yea, did I tell you those Kumho tires really work? They may not be a drag radial but, they hook better then Pilots..........

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; End result twisted Archer half shaft and tore the spider gears out of the rearend

EEK! This is the Archer "CV joint" half shaft, or ?

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

Thats a good run, I was kinda trying to get in line next to you, but it never worked out.. Maybe next time..

The only Viper I had the privilege of lining up with got his feelings hurt.. RED GTS.. But hey it was all in good fun..

X

OP
OP
L

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, It was the race half shaft, Not the CV shaft. Brand new 2 passes and they were through....

X
I was kinda trying to get in line next to you, but it never worked out.. Maybe next time..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you want to subject yourself to such pain?
laugh.gif
Just kidding. But, the fastest Vette there was a 10.71 @ 127 Unless that was you or we measured by hand granades it would not have been close. All others were 11 or 12 second cars..

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Lee, is Archer going to replace them for you? Breaking after one pass is unacceptable. I think I will go with U. HD's. Not that I have enough power to need them
cool.gif

Mike

OP
OP
L

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Lee, is Archer going to replace them for you? Breaking after one pass is unacceptable. I think I will go with U. HD's. Not that I have enough power to need them
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, No problem. And in all fairness to Archer It could have just been a fluke........

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW that's a very impressive! Did you do a burn out with the Kuhmos, or just a dry hop? That 1.69 60' is very impressive! Oh and it's a 100 shot on top of that 547 rwhp right?

Anyone know what the best time on radials is? Lee's 10.68 is the best I've seen.

OP
OP
L

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you do a burn out with the Kuhmos, or just a dry hop?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, Side steped the clutch at 4500 and did a dry burn out for about 20 ft.

Oh and it's a 100 shot on top of that 547 rwhp right?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats right! And, the car is heavy 3560 with 16 gal. fuel without me. I am 185 lbs so the car comes in at #3745 wow..

Hint on the Kumho's, They can take alot of power if you come out around 1500 and take off like you were taking off at a traffic light. Then hammer it as soon as the clutch is out with everything you've got they will not spin.......Also, I ran 35 psi in the tires no need to let them down and they hook the same on the street.....

If you dump the clutch they will spin
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
laugh.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I've got the Unitrax half-shafts on both my cars now, although I've not done many passes on the RT since installing them. The Daytona's got about 15 passes now on their "medium-duty" half-shafts, 6 on slicks and 9 on street tires. I agree that failing on your first hard launch is unacceptable performance.

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
Lee I think you are mistaken I did not see any 10 sec vettes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jamie,

I thought you were going to bring your Viper out.. I was kinda upset when 550 vette told me that you left it at home.. But he did tell me that you said you might come and hang out one night.. Should be fun... I think Freddie is going to rent the track, so I'll make sure that he lets you know when.

Lee,

Remember its first to finish that wins... We're not racing paper slips, we're racing cars...
biggrin.gif
I was trying to get a small money race, but nobody wanted to play.. Maybe next time I'll have the previlege of lining up with the yellow viper..

X

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to come out but when I heard there was going to be a regular test and tune CROWD and that twin turbo was broke again I decided to watch.I didn't feel like sitting in line all day for 2 passes and I am actually doing another viper right now, something a little faster than my S/C car and it wasn't ready yet, but will be soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21