Tinting, cops, vette

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got my rear window tinted (3%) yesterday and not 5 minutes later got pulled over. Knew the problem, I still have a temp tag and you can't see it with the 3%. He checked all my paper work and let me go. Only wanted to know what my gas mileage was in the car. Wanted to say, running from you about 5.

A vette then wants to race me. Z06 chased me down and wanted to run. He had his wife or g/f in the car. I don't think she was all to happy from the looks on her face. We are on a 4 lane with a center turn lane. Speed limit is 40 and you can't see too far down the road due to hills, curves etc. This is also a high traveled road which feeds several residential areas and businesses. This guy would not let up. There are cars all around us and he thinks we can have a race. I am not opposed to having a good run when the (all) conditions provide the opportunity but this guy had no regard for anyone. After he realized I was not going to run him he turned around and went on his way.

The guy that did my tint told me the cops are really starting to check tint and have bought a significant number of testers to check side windows. Some of his customers have already gotten tickets. Max limit is 35% on the side and with factory tinting + the aftermarket 35% people exceed the limit.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got 2 tickets for my tint in my Cobra within a year.

The sherrif said he normally doesn't do it, but I was trying to elude. Right.

GA state trooper pulled me over for that sole reason, the tint. I told him I was on my way to school but he still didn't budge, and made me late. He asked if I had my windows half way down so I could see out of them, I just told him that it felt good out.

NOW there isn't a tint law in GA. Ugh.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure about the looks yet. Got it home and it started to rain. Have not had a chance to see it from any distance other than right beside the car. And of course today will not have any chance due to all the rain as well.

RX, how was the event today?

Arch Viper

VCA Member
Reaction score
Anxious to see the tint job. Might consider it on mine, too.

The Make-A-Wish event was great, we had 14 Vipers show up and saw a lot of smiling little faces as they got to sit in and admire the cars. Check the club web site in a couple of days for pictures. Wish you could have been there.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, very cool time. It's awesome to see those kids get so excited over the cars. They had live snakes there too. I wanted a pic with the 10' python on my hood.

Dave, they also had a Viper. You could have lived up to your screen name by putting your hand in it's cage. Now, hummm what did I do with that anti-Venom? :)

Arch Viper- Is that you Mrs. T-R-O-U-B-L-E?

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a pic somewhere of me holding a Cobra while in India. You know the typical sight of the Cobras in a basket. Well I got a pic of me holding the basket with the Cobra in its hooded position. Had to pay the guy to let me do it, but it was like only 3 dollars.

The event sounded cool. I have always told myself that any kid who wants to see, touch or sit in the Viper gets to. I remember as a youngster never having those kinds of opportunities because the owners would not allow it. Like you said earlier, worst case is a few fingerprints.

The car will be at the regional event so you can see whether or not you like the looks. I think I am going to like it, it goes real well with the color scheme of the car anyway. Just need some sun to check it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960