Tire inflation question

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm heading to the drag strip this weekend. What tire pressures do you all recommend for the best traction when running stock run flats?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run flats? Ugh! I was never really successful in 60 ft times. I tried 20 - 24. But tire spin was very hard to control.

The run flats did not seem responsive to large pressure reduction.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run flats? Ugh! I was never really successful in 60 ft times. I tried 20 - 24. But tire spin was very hard to control.

The run flats did not seem responsive to large pressure reduction.

That's what I have always heard. The first time i tried them at the track I warmed them up and proceeded to smoke the clutch due to great traction. I want to get drag radials for strip use for next time.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran 1.8 60 fts on runflats. I lowered pressure to about 24-26 psi. Also, it helps to kinda bog off the line, not too much but dont try and launch at 3k rpms or you will spin and wheel hop. And i didnt do a smokey burnout, just spun them real quick in the box to clean them off. Good luck.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. A 1500 rpm launch seemed good. Just hard to throttle on without breaking em loose bad. I think I was in the 1.9-2.0 range. Not bad but not good either.