Tire Pressure for Stock Runflats as well as BFG DR's

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tire Pressure for Stock Runflats as well as BFG DR\'s

Wanted to see what the best tire pressure for run flats as well as drag radials were, thanks

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Tire Pressure for Stock Runflats as well as BFG DR\'s

Can't speak to the drag radials but 29 psi all around is the manufacturer spec pressure for the Michelin Pilot runflats. I run 29 psi rear and 33 psi front to reduce understeer. I have seen other posts where folks have pressures all around in the 32-36 psi range for normal street driving.

/Rich

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With my BFG drag radials, I've had the best launches at the drag strip in the 18 pound range. Some people go lower than that, but I don't seem to launch as well with less than 18 pounds. My best 60foot time ever was a 1.641 and that was on BFG's with 18 psi and no pre-launch burn-out.

For road use, you obviously need to have more pressure than that. I think I run about 30psi on the road with the BFGs. I only drive on the BFGs to and from the drag strip, so I can't really comment on optimum pressure for the BFGs on the street.

OP
OP
I

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i was talking about in terms of drag racing at a track (not road racing or street), i use 29 all around on the street.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i was talking about in terms of drag racing at a track (not road racing or street), i use 29 all around on the street.

I wouldn't use the runflats at the dragstrip with low pressure in them. I would run them at the strip with the same pressure you run them on the street.

OP
OP
I

INFURNA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ok, ill probably have DRs before i go to the track, but if i dont then i was going to go with runflats

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96