Tire Pressure

97 GTS BL/WH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 97 GTS, I took the car to a local road coarse and they inflated my tires (Michelin Pilot Sports) up to about 37 psi.
I dropped the pressure down to the manufacturer recommendation of 29 psi when I got home. The car seems to grab onto any inperfection in the road now.
So I was wondering what everyone else runs at.

Thanks

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a discussion of tire pressure in the recent live chat with SRT engineering Wednesday - I've copied the chat below. It was mainly centered around run-flats. I keep mine at 29 psi.

There have been recommendations by some on the SRT10 forums that inflating the stock run-flats to 33-34 psi would maximize the footprint, and that lower pressure than this will load the sidewalls more than the center of the tire. Have you done any testing with run-flat tire pressures that substantiates this claim? What pressures would you recommend for track events?
x We have done all our track proveouts at 29psi cold. The PS1 runflats are STIFF, and not as sensitive to pressure as a regular tire. That said, your alignment, ambient conditions, and driving style have a large effect on tire temperature and wear. For track events, shoot for 38-39psi hot. Let them cool down out of the sun for at least 4 hours and use that cold pressure as your starting point for the next track event.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always run 1-2 psi lower on the back tires

with that said-I put 30psi on the fronts (stock tires)
29 on the backs