Tire pressure

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I have 2008 SRT rims on my 98, and I was just wondering what is the proper pressure to keep it at for daily driving. I dont do any track or drag racing so I am just needing to know for the street. I dont know why but I try to keep my vehicles tires at 36, but I bought the viper rims/tires used and they are all sitting at 32.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That would be a good guess...since ALL Vipers from 1996 through 2010 came with Michelin tires ( OEM tires on OEM wheels) with a recommended cold tire pressure of 29 psi. This included 17 inch xx3's, 18 inch Sport ( C1 tag), PS2's, and Pilot Sport Cups.

The exception was the 92-92 Pilot XGT's which were to be set at a cold tire pressure of 35 psi.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry...I forgot to include the Pilot ZP 's ("runflats") found of 2003-2006 Vipers...also 29 psi.

If over inflated cold, they could cause the Snake to become nearly unmanagable as the pressures rose with driving on a warm summer day. In fact, I recall the day a well experienced Viper driver purchased a new 2005 Viper...drove half way home, then returned it to the dealer as it "scared him to death". When I was called, I suggested checking the tire pressures which were could to be in the 38-40 psi range even a few minutes after the drive. Customer refused the car and nullified the deal on the spot. I would have hoped this could have been prevented by a proper PDI (PreDelivery Inspection).

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have PS2's on the rims? I ran the PSI up to 30-32 range as the PS2 has a softer compound outer edge.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been SOOOOOOOO many threads on tire psi, but not one that I can think of regarding tire pressure gauges.
That being said, if you're going to be THAT precise on what PSI you want to run, make sure you use a good quality "needle" type gauge.
I've seen the cheapo "pencil" type gauges be off by 3 or 4 psi.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper