To all the Borla or Corsa exhaust owners

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BORLA all the way I think it sound tougher!! only for 1000 dollars or maybe less you cant beat the price !!

But the corsa tips are the best I ve seen on vipers!!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The key to eliminating the drone / resonance is a crossover.
We put one on our GTS's Borla cat back, just behind the diff. Still sounds great at idle and under power, but is now quiet while cruising down the highway in 6th. I'm very happy with the way it sounds. Corsa has the crossover already, but is a few hundred dollars more.

Sean

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Borla cat back system with a bunch of mods to the motor. I never really liked the Borla sound and when I removed my Cats it was terrible. When I got on it the car sounded like a trombone. The element inside the Borla muffler would vibrate so much causing the sound I hated. It was pretty embarrassing. I cut the mufflers out and installed some Magnaflows. The car sounds much better now. With the Borla muffler out sitting next to the Magnaflow you could tell the difference just by lightly tapping it with a hammer. The Borla sounded like tin and the Magnaflow sounded like a thud. I haven't heard the Corsa, but if I had to do it all over again, there wouldn't be any question.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Borla on my 94 RT and put it on my 97 GTS. It does sound deeper and richer than the Corsa and muffler delete IMO. Remember, you can always adjust your shift points, etc to reduce/eliminate drone.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We install a ton of aftermarket catbacks from Snake-Oyl, Borla, to Corsa. I would have to say subjectively that all of them have their advantages.

Least expensive and best bang for the buck - Snake Oyl
Loudest - Borla
Best fit and finish - Corsa

The Borla does drone, the Corsa is quieter, and the Snake Oyl is an easy compromise. Alot of folks really seem to appreciate the Corsa with a set of Random Technology High flow cats, as it gives it a little deeper tone, and there is still not a resonance problem.

My choice is Corsa, but the beauty is that there are other offerings for a car produced in such limited numbers.

Harry at GPM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might also consider Belanger. In my opinion they're in between the Borla and Corsa as far as sound goes and no resonance.

Give JonB at PartsRack a call, he should be able to answer any questions and set you up with a good deal.

Harry

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my Borla 3"!! Maybe I just like it loud, but I personally don't think it's that loud!! Really, I could have it louder! Also, I have heard the Borla 2.5" is much different from the 3", in regards to sound and drone. So that could make a difference in past opinions also.
Also, I don't have a drone when I am in 6th cruising! At least I don't think so!

Speds, if you want I can call you and you can listen to my GTS over the phone!

I will be the first to admit though, that the Corsa Tips are nicer than the Borla! Even w/o the Snake head on the sides!!

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had borla's on my 2001. If those are you 2 choices, go with the borla's, I think $960.00 from Roe Racing. I had bought the B&B's before the borla price drop. but looking back, the B&B is so much nicer sound than the borla.

If you are going to spend $1300.00, check out the B&B's, better sound than borla or corsa and great looking tips (oval).

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since everyone is in the mood do talk about exhausts does anyone have an opinion on high flow cats? I have the mopar-borla cat-backs ready to be installed but would like some input on which cats to go with. While sound and ease of installation are issues, my main concern is heat to the sills, as I have a silver car with the beginnings of yellowing. Random technology, Roe Racing, ProPrecision Performance, something else,...any suggestions?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,If you don't get sniffed in your area just ditch the cats and get the apex syms.The engine will run cooler.The side sills will be only warm,that is you can rest your hand on them and of course the exhaust will be much louder. Bruce

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by speds:
I am tossed up between the Corsa 3" and the Borla cat back exhaust systems.

I have been reading/searching on this board that the Corsa is very mild even Tinny/high pitch sounding while the Borla is louder & deeper but produces an annoying drone at 60 to 70 mph.

I know its hard to explain an exhaust note and it is very subjective.

I have listen to the Corsa sounds on their web sites and they sound pretty good.

What do ya think?

Anybody near Long Island New York have a Borla or Corsa 3" in their Viper?

Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speds,

There is no drone in an RT/10, its only on GTS's as far as I know. My car is an rt with 3" borla with cats removed and it sound like the car should have sounder factory. Anyone that thinks its too loud should not be driving a Viper.

But besides all that lets get to the point, is the reason you want an exhaust to make power? Or sound different? If its for sound than you should be getting a corsa since they are much more subtle, as the snake oyl's are. And from what I have seen they also do not add any power at all, unless they are attached to 96's or 97 GTS with the big cams.

The Borla however does add considerable power as I witnessed on my car, on the dyno. This is also true for the bellangers and the Mopar(Borla) units.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's alot of BS about HP between the different systems. We had a dyno day at K.C. and the Belanger's are way overpriced! I've got a 94 (full Borla echaust, aluminum flywheel, and Vec 1) which dynoed at 404 hp and 502 torque which outruns my friends 00 which dynoed at 436 hp and 468 torque. And he said it pulls on him as bad as another guys car in the VCA which has 454 hp. As far as sound, my Borla's are loud, but that's why I bought a 94-Old style b@lls to the wall! Side pipes, no luxery, and who the h#ll is going to buy a car with no windows?!

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have to get "e-checked" in my county. I'm looking into registering in another county to avoid this but I will probably go with cats anyway. Any suggestions on the "coolest"...as in temperature not looks
wink.gif
?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Absolutely correct, but at least borla or the others don't take out big banners on this site and claim 18.7hp and 32lb's torque gain. There should be a law against this kind of stuff.