To any Houston area members running from IKE..

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck on your travels.

If anyone needs a garage to store their vehicle in, I have an open space in Dallas. Just PM for directions.:2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a really nice gesture and greatly appreciated. I am just north of Houston and high up, so should be fine. Storm is just moving in.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks but I'll just hunker down and watch my first hurricane. I'm not in an evacuation zone or a flood zone. We'll see.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texans helping Texans! Trimmed some branches yesterday, cranked the generator, have floor jack and stands ready just in case. Been through several hurricanes, once you are certain you nor yours will blow away, it is a fun ride.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that you all make it through Ike without injury or damage. Take care.

Bob

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have family in Cypress, TX (northwest of Houston). Please take care, you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Angela & Adam

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wind is just now picking up with some light rain in Sugarland. Going to get interesting from here on out now.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're thinking of you all. I saw a 'vette submerged in water (not sure where it was) on The Weather Channel tonight. I guess he couldn't get to high ground quick enough!:(

Good luck to you all.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70+ mph winds here in spring. Center of the storm is still probably 3 hrs from us in spring - nw houston.

I can not believe the strength and persistency of this storm. We just lost power about 10 mins ago or 4:00 AM. I was surprised it stayed on this long.

I hope everyone in Ike's path makes it out with little to no damage, and I hope everyone is as safe as possible!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are OK from where I am - got power but no TV signal and low water pressure. Flooding is not an issue yet. I'm southwest but more west in the Houston area, Houston proper. Most importantly, toys are OK!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still out of power here on the NW side, many-many reports of trees down and some into houses. Obviously this was to be expected, but ***** just the same. Lucky at my house, looks like the only damage I have incurred has been landscaping issues (small tree down, uprooted plants) One of my friends (and Viper owner) has a Large tree down on his property, two of his neighbors plus his parents all of trees in their homes. He is also on the NW side.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was only without power from 12 friday night to 8 saturday night, thank god. No damage incurred at our place, everything looks ok. Other houses in our block didn't fair so well so we really got lucky. Lots of trees down everywhere, on saturday the roads were all blocked from trees and debris. Fences all knocked down, but seems like everyone made it through ok!