To stripe or not?

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Guys! I was out of town for a few days and was not near a computer!

BigsViper - not a dumb question at all...but you are correct, the stripes are painted on...car was stripped of clear coat, the stripes are Pearl (as Dr E said, pearlized clear coat...), then the entire car was re-clear coated after the stripes were added.

AQX and Riotac are right about one thing...I am a little paranoid about beating on my car because I'd have to re-do the paint. BUT, (un)luckily for me, a nice big truck on a highway in New Mexico did the trick for me by kicking up a rock and knocking a nice chip on my nose...went right through the clear coat and the ghost stripe down to the factory Sapphire Blue. While I consider it a little bit of a glory badge from driving...it bothers the he** out of me because you can't miss it! Luckily, we've sealed the darn thing up and prevented the thing from really growing. I will debate on re-painting it this winter...or may just hold off for a year and see if I suffer any more wounds. But, I bought this car to drive it...so I do plan on taking it out to the track a few times.

Bottom line, as Gary noted, it is whatever YOU want to do to your car... No matter what, it's still a Viper!