TOMMY WINS SEBRING IN "NEW" 2005 COMP COUPE!!

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOMMY WINS SEBRING IN \"NEW\" 2005 COMP COUPE!!

Archer Wins Speed GT at Sebring

Sebring, Florida - 3R Racing driver Tommy Archer drove his number 1/c3controls/3R Viper to victory today in round one of the SCCA Pro Racing Speed World Challenge GT series race at historic Sebring. Teammates Phil McClure and Tim Wiens completed the 3R top ten run coming home in sixth and ninth.

Sunny skies and cool 70-degrees at race time was the setting for the beginning of Archer's title defense. Starting from the front row in second position, he was able to get the jump on the pole sitting Porsche to lead into turn and never looked back.

"I got a great start," said Archer. "The clutch was warm and when the lights went out on the starting stand this new Viper just launched down the straight. I knew I had to get the Porsche at the start because he is too light and too fast to chase down. The first few laps, my teammate, Phil McClure was helping by mixing things up behind me. The group that was pursuing made my job a little easier, second place had to race with eye on his rear view mirror. The car was great. We did not do any off season testing, Will Moody had this set for a nice Friday afternoon drive."

Phil McClure, piloting the number 2/FirstTier Bank/3R Viper, started his race from third on the grid. "I had a pretty good start and was able to maintain my run third place on the first lap. Then going into the hairpin I went inside for a pass and then a Viper came inside of me, we were three abreast and he was able to make it work. I was having some handling issues through the esses and I am still not completely confident with the brakes, I felt I was leaving a few feet in each corner."

Piloting the number 3/FirsTier Bank/ 3R Viper, Tim Wiens started eleventh and came home ninth. "I was able to get a really good start. The exit of the first turn on lap one was exciting, I had to take to the grass to get around the Cadillac making up a few positions. Mid race I caught some traffic and I was locked in a battle with two Porsches. Tommy had a great drive today. The 3R guys finished is the same positions as we ended the season in points last year. Hopefully that is an omen for the rest of the year."

The race will be televised on Speed Channel, Sunday, March 27th at 2:00 p.m. EST.

Sebring Speed GT Top 10:
1. Tommy Archer 3R Viper
2. Andy Pilgrim Cadillac
3. Robin Liddell Porsche
4. Wolf Henzler Porsche
5. Max Papis Cadillac
6. Phil McClure 3R Viper
7. Mike McCann Viper
8. Leighton Reese Corvette
9. Tim Wiens 3R Viper
10. Tom Oates Corvette

3R Racing would like to thank sponsors c3controls, Sirius Radio, FirsTier Bank and partners Red Line Oil, Performance Friction brake pads, Ron Davis radiators and Dodge Motorsport.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: TOMMY WINS SEBRING IN

You must be registered for see images

That new front end looks awesome! Really gives the car an increased exotic look.

Congraulations on the victory. Only if Dodge would fund these cars to race at Lemans...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just got back. Turn one, first lap had some action. Somebody (Porsche I think) dropped water and caused numerous spins. Being there were so many Vipers many of them spun and lost positions. It didn't look like there was any real bad damage thankfully. Woodhouse got caught up in the mayhem and put him waaaaaaaaaaay back, but he did a great job moving up. Don't know where he finished but wherever it was it was a great job.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That new front end looks awesome! Really gives the car an increased exotic look.

Congraulations on the victory. Only if Dodge would fund these cars to race at Lemans...
DC, wake up and fund Le Mans. While at it, also give us this body on the coupe. Wishful thinking. :crazy:

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[quote While at it, also give us this body on the coupe. Wishful thinking. :crazy:

[/QUOTE]

::Sigh:: A guy can dream... :ooo:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is called driving on the edge and that is Tommy's talent being out there on edge and still being in control.

Cudaman :usa:

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: TOMMY WINS SEBRING IN \"NEW\" 2005 COMP COUPE!!

Archer Wins Speed GT at Sebring

Sebring Speed GT Top 10:
1. Tommy Archer 3R Viper
6. Phil McClure 3R Viper
7. Mike McCann Viper
9. Tim Wiens 3R Viper

CONGRATS!!

:2tu:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shows how good Archer is, overtaking Hensler by the first turn and winning even with the extra weight and restrictor plate.

Guess that means more weight and restriction on the way till they choke the **** out of the engine and someone less talented can win :rolleyes:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every Victory for Tommy or the Others is a win for our community!!

WAY TO GO TOMMY!!!

YAHOOOOOO!!!

Jay K.