Took my GenIV to the 1/4 mile. 10.6's

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well conditions could not have been much worse! 2700+ft DA, horrible track prep, and on top of that I guess it was some sort of Honda day. Those guys were pulling water half way down the damn track from the water box. Overall though I'm impressed for the first outing, I hope to go low .50's or high .40's in better air with better driving!

You must be registered for see images attach

Heres a crappy video of the 10.6 run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0A53LjSY0

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
10.67 with a trap speed of 130 mph is impressive with the conditions you describe, even more so if your gen IV is stock. Although watching the video, it doesn't sound like it is. What are your mods, heads, headers? The first 60ft of the track must have been prepped pretty good if you had a 1.64 60ft time. What tires did you make the pass with?
Very cool!

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10.67 with a trap speed of 130 mph is impressive with the conditions you describe, even more so if your gen IV is stock. Although watching the video, it doesn't sound like it is. What are your mods, heads, headers? The first 60ft of the track must have been prepped pretty good if you had a 1.64 60ft time. What tires did you make the pass with?
Very cool!

The track prep was HORRIBLE! I was spinning pretty hard or having to slip the clutch for a long time. The car has been 1.60's pretty consistent, so I'm going to need a good track to get back to that.

345/35/18 MT's.

Also the MPH are notoriously low at Dallas Raceway, but I don't really care much about MPH. I'm an ET guy. Planning on going to Ennis as soon as I can.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The track prep was HORRIBLE! I was spinning pretty hard or having to slip the clutch for a long time. The car has been 1.60's pretty consistent, so I'm going to need a good track to get back to that.

345/35/18 MT's.

Also the MPH are notoriously low at Dallas Raceway, but I don't really care much about MPH. I'm an ET guy. Planning on going to Ennis as soon as I can.

With the mods and tires you are running, you could shave a couple tenths off your time with good conditions and a good lane. My guess is that you are also a better driver than you are letting on. Most guys can't get down a slippery track like that and still keep it in their lane and off the guardrail. The last time we ran at our local track was a few years back. They asked us to leave because we went too fast without having a cage. (They did give us one warning, but didn't see the humor in us running a better time on our second pass than we did on the first one)

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice runs. No helmet required? What tires?

They don't really care about the rules at Dallas Raceway. 345/35/18 Mt ET street radial II

With the mods and tires you are running, you could shave a couple tenths off your time with good conditions and a good lane. My guess is that you are also a better driver than you are letting on. Most guys can't get down a slippery track like that and still keep it in their lane and off the guardrail. The last time we ran at our local track was a few years back. They asked us to leave because we went too fast without having a cage. (They did give us one warning, but didn't see the humor in us running a better time on our second pass than we did on the first one)

Thanks. I think the car has the capability to run in the 10.40's honestly, thats my goal

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run. The car sounds great. It sounded like there was a different cam in it even though that is not one of your listed mods and you are using the Mopar ECU. What power are you running at the rear wheels?

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run. The car sounds great. It sounded like there was a different cam in it even though that is not one of your listed mods and you are using the Mopar ECU. What power are you running at the rear wheels?

Its never made a very strong dyno, depending on weather it makes around 600rw. But has trapped nearly 105mph in the 1/8th which is the same as cars making 640ish

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say that it is producing excellent power under the curve based on your result. Peak power can be misleading.
Its never made a very strong dyno, depending on weather it makes around 600rw. But has trapped nearly 105mph in the 1/8th which is the same as cars making 640ish

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Hoosiers came in, switching from 345/35/18 MT to a Hoosier 335/30/18, will **** on the highway but should be awesome for the track. We'll see.

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ready for the track this weekend, holy **** these 335/30/18 Hoosiers look stupid

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha no. I loved the M&H 345/35/18 and MT 345/35/18. As of now both of those hook better on the street, but maybe some heat and track prep will help bring these alive. If I can get it to hook, it should run better.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a set of Hoosiers, but decided to wait for M&H 345/35/18 which were toast on my last run last week, but nothing is available until mid Nov. My season is over for now. I want to get some 2way adjustable shocks so I can get this car to sit down off the line. There all big bucks.

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put Motons on mine, and it goes on the scales/rack tomorrow to get corner balanced

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vorshlag in Plano Tx knocked out the corner balance today.

50/50 distribution and 3567 with me and a half tank. Not horrible, but not light by any means.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure that you adjust the motons properly for the dragstrip. A road course setting will inhibit weight transfer at the dragstrip and reduce your traction. A wise sage in Nebraska suggested these settings to me after my outing when I left the Motons on road course settings and forgot to reduce the tire pressure from 38 to 22 pounds. (I know. I was an idiot.) "For the drags maybe 4-5 compression and 1-2 rebound to keep the weight transferred back and maybe 2-3 compression rear with 3-5 rebound. " I have not tried this since my outing was a one time event. Give them a try.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I worked on the suspension some last night, but all the street tires caused horrible track conditions. I did achieve a personal best MPH though. Went [email protected]. Having to use the clutch for at least the first 100feet.

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pretty disgusted with that pass. I feel like on a great track with good driving the car will go a high 10.4x or low low 10.5x. Thanks though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32