Took my GenIV to a local 1/8th mile tonight, [email protected]

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More info please...

Its been done on a few Gen4's without issues. Street racers that aren't going to post the info though.

I'll post up when we get mine ironed out, will also take it to the track.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The limp mode stuff was likely due to improper installation. I have a local friend who ran a 125hp wet kit on his Gen 4 Viper. Had custom billet plates made that positioned a jet behind each throttle body, and the fuel was sourced from a simple plug-n-play adapter fitting (I believe from NX). It had the same nitrous controller that I use, from Nitrous Outlet. This controller has a window switch, progressive capability (not used), and gear lock-out capability. If you have your window switch set properly, it won't spray between gear shifting. This car never threw a code, either. Mopar Race PCM. KPRacing.com in Houston did the installation. They also tune my Viper.

Tony

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The limp mode stuff was likely due to improper installation. I have a local friend who ran a 125hp wet kit on his Gen 4 Viper. Had custom billet plates made that positioned a jet behind each throttle body, and the fuel was sourced from a simple plug-n-play adapter fitting (I believe from NX). It had the same nitrous controller that I use, from Nitrous Outlet. This controller has a window switch, progressive capability (not used), and gear lock-out capability. If you have your window switch set properly, it won't spray between gear shifting. This car never threw a code, either. Mopar Race PCM. KPRacing.com in Houston did the installation. They also tune my Viper.

Tony

Wow with bolt on I would think a 125 shot would probably be putting the stock pistons to the test?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you jet the car to run rich, it won't detonate. Detonation kills pistons, not horsepower. 100-125 is a small shot, LOL.

Tony

OP
OP
J

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
realllly small shot when you consider a 8.4L V10, It SHOULD take a 300 shot LOL!

lol yeah thats what *****. I wish I could shove 250hp down its throat, but that won't happen. Going to start at 100 and run good fuel in the tank, then jet fuel side 1 jet size large. Dyno and go from there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21