Top 10 Impressions after 1 Month Ownership Anniversary / Milestone

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been the most exciting one month of car ownership to date for me.
Thanks to all who have been a part of it.
I wanted to share impressions of my 2005 white commemorative.

10. I find myself driving easy for a few minutes before parking so I don't burn my calves
9. People seem to drive too close all the time now. I think I am over-protective of the car.
8. First gear should be used with caution in a turn, when tires arent warm, tires are wet or even in good conditions.
7. MGW race shift knob was needed to get rid of poor grip stock knob that sat way too high and had long throws.
6. Finally found the recirculate option on HVAC, unlock/lock buttons on remote are backwards in my mind
5. Getting sideswiped is a risk since the car is so much lower than others like suvs and trucks
4. I get 9mpg when I baby the car and almost 11 when I drive a little more aggressively
3. I can custom make parts out of platinum cheaper than buying from most of the vendors
2. There are some really really good people here that I feel comfortable around and fortunate to have met
1. Still can't pick up women

Happy Holidays :usa:

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was fortunate to buy a car with a short shifter, without realizing it, so I was confused when everybody was complaining about it being too high. Also have the 1 inch lowering kit, again, took me a while to realize that.

I burned myself a couple times early on, but in the last few months it's been cold enough for long pants so it hasn't been an issue. I will most likely forget in the spring and burn myself again.

Make sure you also warn passengers to be careful when getting out!

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You forgot : Never get sick of looking at the Viper...:headbang:

Glad your enjoying the car.... the girls will follow soon enough ..just like the cops:drive:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been the most exciting one month of car ownership to date for me.
Thanks to all who have been a part of it.
I wanted to share impressions of my 2005 white commemorative.

10. I find myself driving easy for a few minutes before parking so I don't burn my calves
9. People seem to drive too close all the time now. I think I am over-protective of the car.
8. First gear should be used with caution in a turn, when tires arent warm, tires are wet or even in good conditions.
7. MGW race shift knob was needed to get rid of poor grip stock knob that sat way too high and had long throws.
6. Finally found the recirculate option on HVAC, unlock/lock buttons on remote are backwards in my mind
5. Getting sideswiped is a risk since the car is so much lower than others like suvs and trucks
4. I get 9mpg when I baby the car and almost 11 when I drive a little more aggressively
3. I can custom make parts out of platinum cheaper than buying from most of the vendors
2. There are some really really good people here that I feel comfortable around and fortunate to have met
1. Still can't pick up women

Happy Holidays :usa:
Yes, these cars are unlike any other. Did you notice how you end up in a different state of mind while driving? And sometimes your face will hurt from too much smiling.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, these cars are unlike any other. Did you notice how you end up in a different state of mind while driving?

Yes, this is absolutely true. I take the long way to work which is still under 5 miles so I can drive the whole way without stop lights on a curvy road with a view of the water! I used to make calls in my cars, now that is my personal time where I am not accessible!

I really am getting 9-11 MPG! I got higher teens when driving on the highway but city driving with traffic is what I do daily. My car doesnt even warm up fully by the time I reach work in 7 minutes. Should I change the spark plugs, it's at 8k?

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City driving sounds about right to me. I dont think i ever saw above 11 mpg anywhere.... Good luck with the car. A few light mods will transform the car, particularly an exhaust and most notably a tune...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea that mpg is pretty low, never been below 12mpg myself, other than a trackday. Highway, 9 hrs trip to VOI I hit 23 mpg, return was 10 hrs in the rain and broke 24 mpg, amazing how it cruises at 70-80 mph and sips gas at that range.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the mileage on the highway is almost like a regular car. -Better than a large SUV. At the track, about 5 gallons in a 30 minute session.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can substitute gold for platinum to reduce costs. Duh :dunce:
Next time use the search feature. :lmao:

As far as picking up women... you're in Florida with a viper... its only a matter of time. :)

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine gets 9mpg around town and 18 on the highway.,. but with a cam and head packaged car.,., I can't complain, 700hp has a price., and that price is awesomeness and more dinosaurs get burned :dunno:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Not sure that I've ever really kept track of mileage. Most smiles per gallon of any car I've owned.

I am going into a state of 3 month depression as winter just hit with a vengeance here in Iowa - so you have my total sympathy about having to drive by the water for such a short time on the way to work that your Viper doesn't even warm up fully.

Do you still have the stock tires as a new set of PSS shoes will transform the ride.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get 5 women to the gallon in the city, highway a lot lower. :D

Bahahaa if the price of gas goes any higher that may be a feasible barter

Allan, nope no attention from anyone period. It's like I'm in a prius, I think the white makes this car look so tame it goes un noticed. But that is the color I wanted!

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you put wheels on it it will change the look of the car but that is pretty expensive thing to do

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree it needs 19&20" HREs with Deep Lip

That'll transform any car, but then you need to lower it etc...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang