Totaled Vipers?

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody has hard numbers on the proportion of totaled Vipers vs survivors? Reading these forums, my impression is the number is pretty high compared to...Camrys, for example.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were probably more Camry's totaled last year than there were Vipers made.

Other than that, this topic has been brought up before resulting in only estimates and not hard numbers.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask your insurance agent - they'll have the relative risk analysis for the car... We all need to peer-pressure everyone else to drive nice because it can send our premiums through the roof when everyone crashes... I'm a careful old guy who's already had my fun with going through rock walls and off cliffs - now I just want to quietly enjoy...

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask your insurance agent - they'll have the relative risk analysis for the car... We all need to peer-pressure everyone else to drive nice because it can send our premiums through the roof when everyone crashes... I'm a careful old guy who's already had my fun with going through rock walls and off cliffs - now I just want to quietly enjoy...
:)
The Viper is the cheapest car to insure in the family stable, not even a hundred bucks a month.
Of course we have two insured teens on the other cars.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when I first insured my GTS, they didn't even have a category for it yet. They insured it as a Dodge 2-door hatchback... Now, with no claims after 12 years, the premium is just a few hundred bucks a year for full coverage.

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no car in history has been wrecked more than the srt,
when factoring in units and annual mileage.
you can thank the run flats tires and the weak rearend for that.
many of the wrecks we get here still have flip flop shoes caught up in the pedals too.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of that addresses a hard figure of how many cars are actually on the road today as titled vehicles. Let alone those that may be salvage titled. Or capable of being titled but are just track cars. Or track cars that have been modified too much to be titled.

The list could go on. Bottom line is you just have to guess.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People will never get it. flip flops and DRIVING fast cars dont mix. The same with floor mats that move around.

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody has hard numbers on the proportion of totaled Vipers vs survivors? Reading these forums, my impression is the number is pretty high compared to...Camrys, for example.

The problem with gen1-2 vipers is... you so much as scratch the hood and it's totaled.