TPMS relearn?

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a set of Forgeline 19/20" on my Gen IV with a new set of OEM TPMS units on each wheel. I simply removed the old wheels and replaced them with the new wheels and tires, then started the car. I know the TPMS worked previously because I got warnings when the tires were low in the rear. Now, I have no warnings or indicators and all seems fine, but I never reprogramed the TPMS...is it an automatic relearn by chance or am I missing something here?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You lucked out as usually just changing one tire/wheel will set the light off requireing a re program and driving about a mile to re learn.

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So - do you think it's automatically relearned all of the sensors, or is it just not working at all?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect its working fine. They are a nuisance anyway and you should check your pressures frequently with or without the tpms for proper inflatation. Older gens did not have these (mini spare) and all was well. If you really wanted to check the system, let a few pounds out of one tire and drive slowly for a few miles. The light and chime should come on.

OP
OP
F

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I thought about that - and yes, I do check air presure very often (I'm a biker), as the temp changes here are so drastically extreme from day to day.

It would be quite cool if the system has relearned everything with no programming. I've had TPMS in a few cars, but love the one in my Z06 as it gives you actual live tire pressure in each tire. I had the same thing in my 300 C Hemi as well. Not a substitute for actual checks when driving, but a great feature nevertheless.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 would set the TPMS malfunction light (single chime and low pressure warning when the car was started) whenever I put my track wheels on it. My track wheels have Viper TPMS sensors just not the ones originally on the car. My 06 does not do this. I've had my track wheels on this car for 1200 miles or so and the TPMS malfunction light has not come on. I have not tried to lower the pressure in a tire to see if the system works though. The darn things are a pain in my opinion and are pretty darn useless so I don't really care if the system works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang