Track rats chime in. Corner balance car today. See if this looks good.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My auto x buddy Judd brought over his scales and help me today. Those rotors and mt dew was within 10 pounds of my weight. Go figure.
My question i guess is does the 2nd photo look ok.

Start.
You must be registered for see images attach

Finished.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No adjustable sway links, I was wrong on the height it is within within 1/16 of the original measurements, i measured the fronts before we adjusted the rear. The rear adjustment must have leveled the car back out.
Ride Height.
FL 4 2/16 FR 4 3/16

RL 5 12/16 RR 5 10/16

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive the car a 100 yards to settle the suspension then measure. Is your viper that light or is the tank less than full?

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fuel is full short of driving about 2 miles. I bounced and rolled the car. I think its fine. Weight savings on the suspension from factory was 9 lbs, MCS, Springs & components about 38 lbs, stock was 47. Sidewinder wheels about 39-40 lbs, aero rotors about 36 saved. 12 lbs from ps2 to pilot sport cups. That is 134lbs total. The rear bottom trunk carpet and air compressor weights almost 8 lbs also and it was out. HF cats seemed to be lighter than the stocks also, never weighed them, nor the corsas.
The ACR loses weight then gains some with aero. Id say from factory weight of 3460, down to 3310. Its right on par.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you all know if your not useing a complete level rack(like alighnment rack) your waisting your time with getting correct level

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was done on my 4 post lift which is dead level we also checked it cross and diagonal before we start again dead level

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, from the looks of the photo with the boards it looks bad, but he had sheet metal leveling plates to go under the scales but it was level. It was my first time doing a corner weight job, pretty easy job it seems, I think im gonna buy me a set of scales with the actual ramps. Think i Need to bring the rear down a 1/4 in or so, more small changes at a time if anything. Just ordered a jack for my lift and gonna get the nitrogen package from nader. After the wife swallows that ill get me scales :}

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Hurricane, great job on the corner weight, you nailed it, curious why you picked up 200 lbs between readings though, I suppose to show how much difference you sitting in it makes? You don't need adjustable sway links, but I assume you did your cross weight with the bar disconnected, at the frame or the arm is OK. We want to know if they are putting any influence into the numbers, if over 15lbs then neutralize them with shims or slots at the frame should you not want to buy the adjustable links. As a general rule, if a street car can cross weight under 100 lbs, thats close enough to not kill anybody. IE: pretty normal. For a race car 20 lbs is about the edge of the box. I noticed also you were going to drop the rear a 1/4 of an inch, which I think you should try. Do not be surprised if your result is different from what makes sense. Reasons: you get the weight shift yes, a good thing, maybe 30 lbs, you also change the relationship of the roll centers for the front and rear, ie front and rear relationships are now a little different than they were along with toe curves etc, but doubt that it will be enuf to unravel your confidence in an increasing radius. One last thing on that, Vipers like some attitude, ie rake, the way it pushes through the air with a bit of nose down keeps it glued a bit better above 80 mph. Can you drop both ends and still keep enug susp travel?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
How fresh are the springs?

They will settle a bit over the next couple of weeks if they are new.

I'd drive it a bit, then lower the front about 1/4" and the rear maybe 3/8" if it hasn't settle a bit, then drive it some more and see how it feels.

Good job on the car's weight loss.

Does the car have a fire system or fire bottle in it? Does it have a roll bar or lap timer? Any other safety items or a cool suit set up?

FYI, my 09 ACR with fire system, lap timer, radio system and roll bar plus a full tank weighs about 3340 empty.

Dan

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks bob. Yeah the 200 pounds is with me in the car. Next time i weight it ill unhook they sways. Wouldnt i have to get adjustable all the way around though so there is no preload on any corner? I cross weighted the car with the sway bars on because i read if they arent adjustable it dont matter if you unhook them or not? I know the acrs arent adjustable so, but i would like to get the links anyways. Maybe im wrong on that. I see what you are saying is to unhook them to see if there is a load on each corner? Those where my buddies scales and im buying a set next week. So ill weight it quite a bit more in the next month. I was gonna actually measure the roll center, but didnt because i dont know where it should be anyways, there is a good calcultor/excel spread sheet i found online, so i can log all this stuff. Im still learning all the ins and outs as it seems alot to take on all at once. To bad i cant get on the track till april to see a difference though.

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes new springs. No timer, fire system, or roll bar. Did you do anything to get it down that far? Like carpet, insulation removal? Ive drove the car some today, and the day i finished the suspension. Its was snowing here the day we corner balanced. I have a pretty good acr pdf ive found with a track set up and i think im pretty close to that. Car looks like it sets great, had it aligned today. Drives good these cup tires really seem to grip so much better than the ps2's very responsive just driving down the road, and its cold outside. I can imagine when they are warm. Thanks for the input as any little bit helps. Easier sometimes when some else has already figured it out.
Pretty cool video i shot today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEC1JNEXb-4

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was done on my 4 post lift which is dead level we also checked it cross and diagonal before we start again dead level

I have seen 4 post lifts that were level with no load and then once a load was put on it goes out due for various reasons. I'm no expert on the other ideas, but I do know that a lift may start level but once a car is put on it things can change. Just a thought... Good luck.

OP
OP
L

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand, but the car was on the lift when we put a level on it. It was a 12 ft aluminum concrete screed, with a level slide it under the car, anyhow. The lift when you lock it in sets on brackets that are also level. Short of taking a lazer and leveling it im pretty sure its ok.