Track times,stock vs.355 gear upgrade???

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the positive talk on 355 install,the kick in the pants!What's the numbers at the track?I'm taking the car next month and already have trouble hooking up with stock gear.I know a good time is directly related to limiting tire spin.Also whats the flyweel mod. advantage.Thanks .PS I like this guy!
You must be registered for see images

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,

You better do something to that black beast. I finally got around to changing my plugs and wires and the car is definately stronger! Once I get those rock hard 6 year old rear tires swapped out I'll be ready to try you again.

We should run up to Great Lakes Dragway some weekend. If Steve doesn't want to race his, we can get someone to rent it just so we can see how it runs.
You must be registered for see images

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turn a 1.81/1.82 60 ft. times with my 3:54 gears on street pilots. Most of the Vipers I run, with a stock 3.07 are turning 2.01/2.02s. This equates to about a 3/10 sec better quarter mile.

Reaction score
Socal:
Thanks for the inputs. I was consistently turning very low 2s for 60 ft. at LACR (same day as you), so that gives me a good comparison.

Ben:
I know I need to still learn several things about technique. It's quite a learning experience.

Ben Gratt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 2000 GTS with 3.07 gears, and I've turned a 1.86 60' time on stock pilots and ran a 12.05 at 116.6 (Borla cat-back and smooth tubes). I've also gone to the track (Texas Motorplex) on different days and ran 1.99-2.07 60' times. I really think a lot has to do with how your particular track is prepped (can change daily), and your driving abilities. I think a good driver can net very similar 60' times with either 3.07 or 3.54 gears, it's just going to take a different technique for each one.

Ben

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960