Trade: Noble for Viper

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys

first post, and i wasnt quite sure of the best spot for this, so excuse me if its in the wrong place.

im looking to trade my 2005 Noble M12 GTO 3R for a gen3 viper.

this is NUS0071 in lamborghini titanium with two tone charcoal/gray interior
built by KTR motorsports in Ayer MA
maintained by KMC Motor Co in Lawrence MA.
recent inspection (within last 200 miles) oil change (redline) spark plugs, michelin pilot sport cups and a compression check (180 across the board)
replaced stock o2 sensors with bosch o2
a/c recharged. blows cold

modifications include

custom ecu flash by hoover at Turbohoses R&D
Turbohoses R&D exhaust (still has factory cats for inspections)
upgraded m400 oil pressure/temp gauge
AEM wideband, with brand new bosch sensor
currently wingless, but i do have the factory wing to be included in the sale
switch operated electric cooling fan for the intercooler

also includes fully custom stereo install, which i believe to be the only double din head unit installed in a noble.

avic d3 with sirius satellite radio/hd radio/ dvd/ navigation/ bluetooth/ cd/ ipod

You must be registered for see images attach

having trouble attaching pictures from flikr, so below is a link to 30+ detailed pics
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVL9A81D

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nice car. i traded my gen 3 viper for an m400 a few years ago.
very different cars.
my m400 was the best track car ive ever driven.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ thanks. they certainly are different, but appeal to the same sort of person imho.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love those things but id never fit in one...lol

hope it works out for ya

you must be pretty big, as i have had friends as tall as 6'4 in there without an issue. its a lot roomier than my lotus exige was thats for sure

hmmmmm......yes and no.

well you went from a viper to a noble, and im looking to go from noble to viper so i have a point. but yea they are very different.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ haha guess you really need that 510 stroker huh. lucky for me in 5'10 so i fit in just about everything.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres not too many reasons anyone would NEED 800+ rwhp....being fat is one of them....lol

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those Nobles are cool. There is one here in town and it always looks sweet. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but they are ALWAYS the same color. never saw one a different color

of the 220 cars, i can think of 10 different colors ive seen off the top of my head. this is a very cool color in person, tons of metallic flake.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i totally agree but its the only color i have ever seen. but im not going to noble shows....so i wouldnt see to many of them period

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i totally agree but its the only color i have ever seen. but im not going to noble shows....so i wouldnt see to many of them period

here in MA, i have seen two different color reds, and a rossion q1 in aston martin green. and of all the nobles/rossions in the country those are the only three i have seen in person.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you must be pretty big, as i have had friends as tall as 6'4 in there without an issue. its a lot roomier than my lotus exige was thats for sure

well you went from a viper to a noble, and im looking to go from noble to viper so i have a point. but yea they are very different.

and actually back to another viper after having a spfgt40 after the noble.
i think you will find that most ppl on this board dont find the noble so appealing. i dont know. we'll see.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and actually back to another viper after having a spfgt40 after the noble.
i think you will find that most ppl on this board dont find the noble so appealing. i dont know. we'll see.

cool car history. care to elaborate why you dont think the noble will appeal to the viper crowd?

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cool car history. care to elaborate why you dont think the noble will appeal to the viper crowd?

nope. :)
i will say this.... since ive been here from 2006, outside of a few guys the noble doesnt seem to draw a lot of interest here.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good to know.

well its worth a shot. i want a viper, and a trade would be the easiest way to get into one. if someone doesn't come along, then i will continue to attempt to sell it privately, and pick up a viper once it does.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good to know.

well its worth a shot. i want a viper, and a trade would be the easiest way to get into one. if someone doesn't come along, then i will continue to attempt to sell it privately, and pick up a viper once it does.

yep, you never know. lots of folks here with a lot of funds and resources who own several cars.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think their great cars from what I've seen, fast and look very exotic

john2456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gen3 with 19,000 miles in showroom shape in R.I.. Silver vert,black top. PS2 mich tires always serviced. Never in rain,summer car only,always garaged. Send some pics of noble to my email [email protected] Thanks, John

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is build quality like? I saw one today at a car show and from 20 paces it looked super cool. As I got closer it looked like some I would have built myself. The one I saw may have been an anomaly .

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gen3 with 19,000 miles in showroom shape in R.I.. Silver vert,black top. PS2 mich tires always serviced. Never in rain,summer car only,always garaged. Send some pics of noble to my email [email protected] Thanks, John
pm sent. the email got sent back to me for some reason.

What is build quality like? I saw one today at a car show and from 20 paces it looked super cool. As I got closer it looked like some I would have built myself. The one I saw may have been an anomaly .

no issues with questionable build quality. as the chassis were all assembled at the same place. the motor/trans wiring was all done by individual shops. mine was done at one of the best race shops in the northeast, and maintained solely by the a Rossion (formerly noble) authorized shop, KMC. my double din stereo setup also does a lot to add a more high end feel to the cabin.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viperdrummer,
I've spent some time tooling on my friend's NobleM400 ,so know a little about them. First of all when you have a Noble you appreciate the phenomenal performance of a car that has a simple 3.0 liter engine with some turbos slapped on. Having a mid engine and transaxle makes this car to handle like a go-kart. It hooks up without much fuss or spinning tires. Braking is excellent thanks for low inertia ,it's a feather weight [ 2350 lbs] . Car has a space frame with tube frames inside the cab as well. Interior is simple and somewhat of a mix bag of parts from the Ford Mondeo [ dashboard] , tail light is from Hundai etc..... If I could bring one to Canada and register properly I'd be all over it . My friend is the importer for Noble or Rossion in Canada and he could only register his as a U-built:crazy2:. Car had to be partially disassembled to import and put back together:crazy2:.The problem with the Noble's image is the lack of knowledge by most folks.9 out of 10people think it's a Lotus at first glance , they think it's a kit . It's a component car that one just have to put the engine in ,no painting welding etc....required.
To answer your original question on quality ,it's definitely not put together like a Ferrari or even lesser quality cars but makes you smile knowing it could beat most of those high priced look at me cars on the track or elsewhere:headbang: What car I like even more is the Ultima GTR .Local guy has one restored with a Corvette LS7 engine. Here's a clip I took of the Noble with the black Ultima following it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLbtnPO9Vzs

You must be registered for see images

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The light weight is a huge advantage in any sporting vehicle... that feature alone makes me respect the Noble a lot more. I am surrounded by tight, twisty roads that favor a nimble, flickable car (or bike!). Hence my ongoing lust affair with my Ducati Hypermotard 1100S. The smaller forces required to change the direction (or speed) of a vehicle 1000 pounds lighter than our Vipers is such a dynamic advantage, and one that can easily be felt out on the road. One day I hope to own a mid-engine car with 600HP and weighing less than 2500 pounds... :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas