Tragic News

Reaction score
Rocky and Terri Angen's son, Brian, died today in an unfortunate boating accident on the Delta. Brian had raced in the Skip Barber series and most recently was racing a Panoz GT with the SCCA. He was considered by everyone racing the Panoz to be the best. He was recently photographed for an article to appear in two major racing magazines as one of the up and coming stars. Brian was a wonderful and talented young man who will truly be missed. God, I pray you have a race program!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is really awful news. Recently son and father shared the podium in a Pro Panoz Race, and this had to be a highlight for them both this year. I met Brian this year at Thunderhill and he and his family are a special group of race folks who seem to have everyone drawn to them just through their joy of life and sharing nature. Brian and I talked a couple of times, and he was always upbeat and enjoying racing with his family ( mom wasn't racing , but she is an integral part of the operation and a real joy to all around her ). Watching Brian and his dad racing, Paul Schley and his son participating, it was hard not to have my son (18 yr old) who races with me , out in California enjoying these folks. I can not even begin to imagine the sheer loss and pain the Angens must be going through. Brian impressed me alot in just one visit and the prayers of alot of folks who met this family will be spoken today and beyond. This is definitely a sad day, and I extend all my sincere thoughts and prayers to this wonderful family. Brian reminded me of my son in his attitude towards his parents, and he did bless those around him.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocky and Terri our prayers are with you. If there is anything we can do for either of you, please let us know. I couldn't have said it better than Bill P. did. What a tragic loss. You will both be in our thoughts and prayers through this trying time.

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a tragic loss for such a young and talented driver.

Viper Days had had the wonderful opportunity to meet and be apart of the close family of the Angens. Rocky, Terri, and Brian's Fiancee Shawna. Our thought and prays go out to you and your family.

He will be missed not only in the Viper/driving world but in our hearts as a friend!!

The Thomas Family & Viper Days

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tragic is too soft a word for the Angen's loss. That young man was ALWAYS grinning about something.

Brian and dad Rocky raced in Portland during Rose cups....... actually banging on one another! Brian was kind enough to spin my socks off at Thunderhill last October, in his PanozGTS...and then let me take a couple laps in his baby. He was always respectful of his parents and elders, a refreshing variance from the norm today. What a pleasant kid. How terrible indeed.

I hope the CA club will adopt the gesture PAC-NW began when we lose a VCA member: like police and firefighters who lose a brother, we place a small strip of black tape diaganolly across our Viper emblem. Pac-NW member Don Smith will be so honored at ALMS this weekend.