trailer question for race guys

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can an f650 pull a 32ft stacker or do you have to use a totor or Rv to pull a stacker? Thanks in advance for your input. Phil

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For heavens sake...YES....I use a F550 sometimes to pull a 30K Trailer....More than enough...

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From power and handling wise, no problem. May want to put a deflector on the roof of the truck though as the front of the trailer will be much like a wall.

Other than that though, no problem!:2tu:

Robert

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I would not recomend a F series truck to pull a trailer. I would go with the DODGE series trucks perhaps the Ram 4500 or 5500. :D

I use a 3500 Mega cab to pull a 44ft 15k trailer with no problems. The new cummings engine and the transmission in the 08 is awesome. And the built in engine brake is great for long trips with a big trailer. I have always had ford trucks in the past but switched to the Mega cab this year and could not be happier. It is such a difference. I am not much of a technical guy when it comes to the trucks but I love it.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you! I was trying to be VERY mature in my post so as to not go harping on Dodge.;) It was a very hard thing for me to do (not promote Dodge and to stay on topic:D).

HOWEVER, now that we have gone that direction;), I have to agree!:) The Dodge will pull it much better!;):rolleyes:

Robert

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty I always thought Ford trucks were better in the past but the new ford engines and transmissions just aren't what they used to be. I have spoken to many small trailer truck drivers including a few that drive cars around all across country like the 3M NASCAR and they all have said the same thing the new Ford trucks ****.:crazy2: when the driver arrived with the Greg Biffle car for the 3M display at last years NASCAR in Las Vegas he was a day late and was towed from the parking lot after he dropped the car to a dealer to have it fixed. It was a brand new truck! He hated the truck and he gets it for free. But he did like the built in "old man step" in the tailgate.:D

Like I said though I am not a technical guy when it comes to trucks :dunno:and I don't know that much about them to talk shop but I can only tell you what I have experianced and what professional drivers have told me. Go with a Dodge. PLus you can get them at a nice discount right now.:2tu:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pull a 40 ft trailer with living quarters-weighing loaded @ 17,000 pounds with a 2004 Dodge 3500 Dually diesel...never had a problem anywhere. New ones are even nicer.

SnakeInTheGulf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to ask. Do you guys even know what an F-650 is?
There is no question about it, the best truck for the job at hand. Yes, I own one!
Don' t get me wrong but the best is the best as in Viper!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said .... I in only know what I have heard from people that drive them as I don't have one. And yes I know what they are and almost bought one but I would rather have a Dodge. I thought it would be strange to pull a trailer decorated with Dodge and Viper logos with a Ford. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
P

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've been away from the pc all day. I had no problem pulling my 34 footer with an F350 but someone had mentioned to me that a stacker with the center of gravity being so high might be problematic for anything short of a tractor (kind of similar to the tail wagging the dog). I'm glad to hear that is not the case.

Thanks again.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to ask. Do you guys even know what an F-650 is?

Sure. It looks something like this. I'd say this would have some difficulties pulling a stacker trailer, though.. :dunno:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: