Trailer Question

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all of my planning and measuring my trailer arrived and the side door is 1 1/2" to high. Is there an easy way to raise the car up without re-doing the whole floor? Is there a light weight aluminum plank that could be laid down under the tire areas? I had the E-Track installed on the floor but if I raise the floor under the tires it would be on top of the E-Track. Any ideas?

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sir Fang- remove the e-track overlay the floor 1 3/4" then reinstall the e-track. you might want to just do the wheel areas so as to reduce towing weight.

Alternatively you could have removable aluminum planks made so you can tie them down with the e-track also.

I have trailers coming out my ears cars, HOGs, ATV if it moves I have a trailer for it. let me know if I can help further.

Reaction score
Options:

1. Install D-Rings and raise the floor with Al 2" ramps. The ramps come in various lengths so you could put them the length of the trailer or under the wheels plus a X inches.

2. Take the trailer to a body shop or trailer or limo manufacture and move the door a couple inches. I know of a Limo fabrication place (contact Phil Cell# 415 672 1981) in or near Fontana.

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, I had the same problem after I lowered the car. My solution was 2 x 12 short piece about 24" just before a incline ramp which raises the front about 4".
If you are at Willow Springs this weekend come by and I will show you.
Roger