Transmission fluid change on a 02 GTS

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done this themselves? How hard was it? Any pitfalls that I should know about?

Any recommendations on the replacement fluid?

OP
OP
I

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10,000 miles. The transmission shifts hard when the engine is cold so I thought it might be the fluid.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Easy to do...the drain plug is on the right rear, down low...fill plug on thr left rear, up high...easily seen after protective plate first removed.

I open fill plug slightly, then open drain plug (use a LARGE mouthed collector pan). When empty, replace drain plug, torque to 28 ft-lbs. Then I fill with Mopar Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid 75W-85 (Castrol Syntouq)which is the factory fill. Hard to see final level, so I let it run over slight amount, then **** out a few ml's, and insert fill plug, torque to 20 ft-lbs. I personally like to change diff. fluid at same time, then do a test drive, recheck for leaks, then, install guard plate.

By the way, I use a homemade prussure pump with a valve to install tranny fluid...fast, easy, NO mess.

Just saw your second post...the Syn. Man. Tranny Fluid DOES seem "stiff" when cold...even with new fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_