transmission option?

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If money is no object you can probably get the X – track gearbox they use in the racing cars for ALMS

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a 20K expenditure to do it correctly. John Donoto makes the adapters.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an automatic 6-speed sequential gearbox which is a direct bolt in for the Dodge Viper.
http://www.emcogears.com/dv46/

Well, I wouldn't call a manual gearbox that you have to shift gears an "automatic"; but, that is a cool $25,000? option for the right person and application. I was talking with a club member at the track the other day who has a sequential transmission in a comp coupe. I should have asked him to let me try it out ! LOL !

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Woodhouse did a conversion for a Viper crazy guy who was missing some necessary appendages needed to operate a manual. It was VERY expensive. Some others apparently have also.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/530452-automatic

Yep, he was in the KC club and passed away shortly before I joined it. I think it was essentially an old Mopar 727 adapted to bolt to the Viper engine. I think it might have had push button shift control, but I've never seen it in person, just pictures. Not necessarily a hard premise, just depends how you want to go about it. A 727 is tiny by today's auto transmission standards, so I wouldn't think you'd have much trouble stuffing one in the tunnel. You'd be giving up quite a bit of modern technology and advancements in trans tech to do it though. Either that or floor surgery to get something newer to fit.