Trotwood, OH photo enforcement speed trap

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I open up my mailbox here in VA Beach, VA yesterday and see a letter from the Trotwood, OH Police Department. I think to myself, hmmm, this town sounds familiar... :hmmm:

Open up the letter and find that this familiar town nabbed me doing 66 in 50 at the State Road 49 and Wolf Creek Pike intersection via a photo enforcement speed trap while I was visiting for business in my Toyota Yaris 2 weeks ago. :curse: :rant: :brick: :evilmad: :aargh:

It's supposedly a civil infraction only and no points or entries are made on my driving record. So my question is, what happens if I blow off the $85 driving fine? Would they put out a warrant locally, country wide or even at all? Anyone know if VA recognizes the offense? :dunno: Or should I just pay the fine with a smile?

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to OH Billy.

I got nailed for 85 in a 65 a few weeks ago. On was on the decel side of the run so actually got lucky (I guess). $150.

RE: your situation, not sure what would happen if you didn't pay it. Honestly, for $85 I'd pay it and forget about it. Would really **** to have this grow to a bigger problem years from now and creep up on you when you are least expecting it. My $.02

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I would have saw this before.....actually it's a money making scam. Cities use it to fund road repairs etc. Most people get scared and mail them in, that's why they do it. I was told by my attorney that it is state law that an officer must present you with a ticket in person...so they are TOTAL BS. Throw them away. They are trying to get these removed all together. Sorry about your luck man.