Truth is out production Ford GT test autowk [email protected]

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is good to see the VCA faithful close ranks and come to defend the SRT. If we can't all agree 100% it is nice to see that we recognize what is fair.

Good work guys.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dropped Auto week years ago that mag. *****! This just makes me happy I have'nt nor will I give them a dime. :mad:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the GT, but I have to say that the only time I've been with one on a track, the driver couldn't run it for more than 10-15 minutes at a time before it began to overheat. Can't imagine that is a desirable trait in a race car. My poseur Viper could soak up the laps for 30-40 minutes at a time, with no overheating, not much brake fade, and no issues at all.

And not giving the Viper any credit for all the racing heritage????? These guys are simply morons.

p.s. It's funny to note that the Viper did better than the GT in Autoweek's slalom and braking tests. Any racer knows that handling and brakes are just as important as acceleration when it comes to actual racing.

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By Ford trying to duplicate the GT 40 they screwed themselves big time. If the same effort went into styling the car that went into performance, the Viper would be in trouble. Performance of the car is incredible. endless amounts of power at any level. 130 mph in third gear with the engine barley reaching 5000 RPM and begging for redline. At 140 the car handles like its going 60. Braking is quick smooth and steady. The car gives you plenty of feedback. But that when it ends. When you get in the car if you don't pay attention you can your head stuck in the door jam. Visibility is very poor. have to struggle to use any mirror and forget the back window Cockpit gauges were hard to read. The seats are uncomfortable. When driving you are very uncomfortable. The $4000.00 radio is horrible to operate and does not sound any better than the one in my Crown Vic.(company car) Totally being honest the car feels like a high performance Pontiac Fiero (Remember the Fiero ?) Don't worry Viper fans unless it was your childhood dream to own a GT40 ( that is the only person who would spend $180,000 plus for this car) Its a waste of time. Just like reading Autoweek.