TT Viper anyone?

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PROJECT ON SCHEDULE - will have the car handed off to the trusty hands of Rob by the end of the month. Then the PAINFUL waiting starts.
wink.gif
Will have before and after HP #'s and 1/4mile ET and trap speeds for all. Once the car is back in CA, anyone interested in a kit need just email me and we can meet up for a demo. Bye4now

Jason www.speedstuff.com

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasontarnutzer:
PROJECT ON SCHEDULE - Once the car is back in CA, anyone interested in a kit need just email me and we can meet up for a demo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious as a fellow Kalifornian, any concerns about smog check or is the car registered in another state?

-Matt

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOh Jason,

Rob's workin' his magic. Things are looking sweet. Turbos are in and they are beautes! Big hybrids with ceramic ball bearings and stainless plumbing everywhere. The fuel pump and dual oil pumps he's picked out are awesome, custom built, professional pieces of anodized billet aluminum artwork! The fuel rails, upsized injectors, intercooler etc. are all coming together right now. You're getting a true one-off masterpiece that makes me wish someone could video this.
yesnod.gif

Okay, after seeing this I confess, I just asked Rob to put in an order for the injector/ intercooler upgrade.
eek.gif
grazy.gif

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Tynmann:
John Moore took his TT to a local charity Viper dyno day yesterday and layed down 558 RWHP and 613 lb/ft of torque. That was with the standard Stage I package, pump gas, stock injectors, and full exhaust with cat's on a typical 95 degree day in Texas. Using common conversions, that is 650+ crankshaft HP. The dyno chart showed 550 RWHP from 4600 to 5600 rpm.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were at 550 rwhp at 4600 rpm, wouldn't that give you a rwtq reading at 4600 rpm of 628 ft-lb? This is higher than the peak you mentioned above of 613 ft-lb.
Chris

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
I know the formula too.....the numbers given were right off the dyno printout and not from a calculator. Further, the dyno/software was Winpep Dynojet and how well it has been calibrated and serviced is anybody's guess. How well dynos are run, maintained, calibrated, corrected for and standardized is almost as variable as the weather and the garage itself (size number and speed of fans, A/C, exhaust evacuation, garage circulation etc.) All I can say is that there were a bunch of other Gen II's there making mostly less than 400 rwhp and Gen I's in the low 300's if that's any indicator of the kind of power the TT's laying down. The exciting thing is that the car has not really been tuned, has no intercooling and is otherwise completely stock. Thanks for your question by the way. Both Rob and I are not really sure what's up with it and have just written it off as one of the quirks of messing with dynos.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That dyno was making just about everyone scratch their heads. A couple of practically stock Gen1s were over 400hp and numerous Gen2s were under 400. I asked to see the elevation and atmo. correction factors which were set up in the program. The thing said something like 3200 ft elev. So what? - SAT airport is less than 1/2 mile away at about 730 ft. There was no Barometer readout cell in the software. My car Dyno'd 396 that day, and did 413 at TNT under worse atmospheric conditions with filters & smoothies only. You go figure it out.

John's car made the smoothest power and torque curves I've ever seen up to 4600. When the boost started to bleed, the HP stayed dead flat at just under 560 until throttle off.

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering how much is it for the Stage 1 intercooled package ?? and the stage II intercooled also. Thank you

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venumish,

You need to call Rob at (210)523-6581. I'm not really sure how the current "stages" work but quite like DLM, each successive car shows improvements while you figure how much you want to lay out for how much fun. The quality and creativity of a beautifully orchestrated piece of engineering art is what you're getting at this tuner level. There really are no kits per say because the clearances, tolerances, and individual differences between our cars is quite remarkable...."bout what you'd expect from a hand built car.
cool.gif

Really, give him a call. He loves Vipers and loves turbo engineering...and THAT'S a lethal combination
yesnod.gif

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"So 8 months ago this was "a couple months away"... is this still planned as a DIY thing? (Read the first few posts on page 1 of this thread...)
I ask mainly out of curiosity"

JMcGuire,
From what I've gotten from Rob, it's that there just wasn't enough interest shown to go all out and put all the jigs necessary together. Also the number of custom engineered pieces grew and all suppliers wanted a piece of the action. The only serious inquiries and buyers wanted something special while everyone else pretty much seemed like "arm chair" techies. Lots of suggestions by the inexperienced along with plenty of complaints about cost by those who somehow thought comparing the Viper to Ricers, Mustangs, and Vettes was appropriate. Being forced to deal with the true enthusiasts Rob took a liking to custom one off fabricating. Now he gets to be more artist and engineer than assemblyman/line worker. I'm afraid it will take a bit of a small uprising to go back to the mass production approach.
patriotx.gif

All I can say at this point is give him a call and see what he's doing and let him know what you want. This guy knows turbocharging and knows Vipers. A very dangerous combination!
wink.gif

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Moore:
Both Rob and I are not really sure what's up with it and have just written it off as one of the quirks of messing with dynos.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, despite the dyno's quirkiness that day, would you guess the rwhp and rwtq numbers it gave you to be pretty close? Or higher/lower? Just curious if those were around the numbers you were expecting.
Chris

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In less than two weeks there will be dyno numbers available from Rob's kit on my Stage ][ car. I am very impressed with the photos I have been sent and the professionalism from Rob's shop. A true tribute to the way things should be done. I will be driving the car 1200+ miles from his shop home in early October and will have a seat of the pants and mileage post for all then. Dyno numbers will be run both on Rob's dyno is Texas and our local shop here in San Diego! EXCITED!

Jason Tarnutzer
98 GTS Twin Turbo

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave AXIS a call and they no longer are doing vipers at all, in fact they wont do any cars period.

its seems as tho the kit was sold to cartek or is in the process of being sold...

how much did this kit cost for the two people who had it done...

i wanted to do a TT viper (as soon as i pick up a gts)

oh well...

this is good news for SVSI i guess...

im sad..

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like a walk down memory lane reading that thread. IMHO: I am at fault for showing so much excitement, and I had the other thread deleted as I told lies about situations in there. (albeit' they were well intentioned, but nevertheless) Lots of quick smooth talking mixed in with an over zealous attitude. Hardware was in the upper B range if being tested in class, the components are the best of the best, the install is what lost some of the cool score. Original replacements of so many pieces for ridiculous oversights. But always just hose or clamp related, bad placement of tubes, etc. THE failure without a question lies in the tuning ability and choices of products to tune with. F is the grade there, much, much more research needed to be done before claiming to have a daily driver turbo ready. Now it appears some of the blower guys can fix it with what they have done reliably for a long while. I am thick headed, but have been trusting and laying down on this issue for too long.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like a walk down memory lane reading that thread. IMHO: I am at fault for showing so much excitement, and I had the other thread deleted as I told lies about situations in there. (albeit' they were well intentioned, but nevertheless) Lots of quick smooth talking mixed in with an over zealous attitude. Hardware was in the upper B range if being tested in class, the components are the best of the best, the install is what lost some of the cool score. Original replacements of so many pieces for ridiculous oversights. But always just hose or clamp related, bad placement of tubes, etc. THE failure without a question lies in the tuning ability and choices of products to tune with. F is the grade there, much, much more research needed to be done before claiming to have a daily driver turbo ready. Now it appears some of the blower guys can fix it with what they have done reliably for a long while. I am thick headed, but have been trusting and laying down on this issue for too long.

Sorry to hear..
These are what great tuners are for.. They are worth the $ !!

Gerald

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
axis is no longer doing turbos, the phone number is up there in one of the posts... i called them, and got a rude cold sholder

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truth is my TT has pulled a smooth trouble free 6000 miles and some very hard, hot, long, triple digit road course events. It is driven every day to and from work in all weather, all seasons with and without A/C etc. I tried to tell Rob that I was a good representative of the Viper community and that there really are some decent, sharp, sensible guys in the group. Not everybody will take your work get some cheap timing box, lean out the tune, bury their foot in detonation, burn the motor up and try to blame you for not giving them more horsepower than advertised. KepRght I'm sorry you got the cold shoulder but you need to know one of the nicest, sharpest, hard working car guys I know just got a mouth full of some pretty vile low octane grease. BTW the grade for common sense is a resounding F. ;)

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will not step into the obvious argument that John is trying to start here. I will say that the points in his message are weak, as the 'cheap' timing box is the one that Axis purchased and not 3 days ago Mr. Moore sent me a PM on this board (that I still have) offering to help me find a good attorney in San Antonio (if I had not already had one). The post versus the PM are a great example of why I will not dignify any remarks from this member.

BTW: My motor is fine. =)

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You stepped in it. What does the P in PM stand for anyway? There was never any offer to help find an attorney. I just wanted to know who would be stupid enough to take your case. I know plenty- some smart some stupid. I knew you'd fall hook line and sinker for my PM's and stick your foot in your mouth.... and you did. By the way I have your slanderous racist posts saved too. The good attorneys I know laughed their a$$es off.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You stepped in it. What does the P in PM stand for anyway? There was never any offer to help find an attorney. I just wanted to know who would be stupid enough to take your case. I know plenty- some smart some stupid. I knew you'd fall hook line and sinker for my PM's and stick your foot in your mouth.... and you did. By the way I have your slanderous racist posts saved too. The good attorneys I know laughed their a$$es off.

John, you have alwys appeared to me to be a class act until now. If Jason and Rob have to communicate, you should try to stay out of it. Why not have Rob handle this? He is the one who started the post around a year ago about wanting to become a player in the bolt-on twin turbo market for the Viper. He made a nice non-intercooled kit for your car that has performed well for how you drive your car and that's great. But for you to attack Jason Tarnutzer and only private message me(After I ask you how your intercooler was coming along) to find out I know only what I had read on the board about what is going on with Jason Tarnutzer and Rob. Then you do not even have the courtesy to respond to my question(Which used to always be a source of great excitement for you to tell me all about in the past when I was interested in the Rob's system) about your intercooler...I have not heard back from you about anything much less about the intercooler=&gt; Tell us how much you like your intercooler setup! Or do you only talk to potential customers? Please don't play politician/salesman like this, I know you're better than that! Paolo

P.S. If I were you, I would delete this part of your thread, "By the way I have your slanderous racist posts saved too. The good attorneys I know laughed their a$$es off." ==&gt; Some people might think this would make you look like an "A-hole." ==&gt; If you do decide to edit this crap, I will happily take this out of my post! Come on John...

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ease up Paolo. I'm only messing with Jason. I know he's got issues and I don't. I'm only here to keep things fair and balanced. Please, I'm not anyone's salesman and for sure not a politician.....Ouch that hurt :D

As long as things are dealt with responsibly I can ease up too. For the record I meant PM's saved not "posts saved too."

On a better note, my intercooler is coming along nicely and is getting some new plumbing up top to improve flow. This step has taken a bit of time because of other projects in the queue. He's got a big turbo P car making me drool while the Porsche guy is drooling over the Viper. We've been giving each other rides and so far he wants to get a Viper and I still wanna keep mine! :eek:

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I am amazed of just how 'wishy washy' you are. Where do you get off attacking me anyhow? Seems like everyone that walks in that shop has two faces. You were sure smiling when I was kind enough to gift you the Dilusi brake system parts I had. I Never asked you to give anything for them did I? That is how nice club members treat each other.

:confused: Now, you defend a tuner that has enough problems with a kit to no longer even offer it, and you are attacking me? I really thought you were a nice guy originally, so did Sheila. How many times have new turbos been put on your car? How many times have you had oil control problems? Don't lie to the club about the 'PERFECTION' of your kit. You even said "Once the car is warmed up at my road course events, it is barely pulling on stock cars in the straights...."

:mad: Slanderous and racist posts? As God as my witness and on my childrens lives, I swear the things I told you are only the tip of the iceberg. All I was doing is letting you know (originally privatley) that you are not viewed with high regard at that shop when you are not there. I was trying to help you with dignity. You are a well educated and should not be made a fool of by a man you support like this. Just as I was, you are being used as a funding source for a company in serious financial distress. Now you are looking as bad as the tuner in question to me. Try to have a little class and look back over some of the past posts before creating a problem with me that has NOTHING to do with you.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets