1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuned TA!!!

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by Texas1, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member - West VCA Member

Hmmmm..............................#15 , thought that beautiful beast looked familiar,ha!? Congrats on the numbers and the nice run!!

2. Texas1

Texas1 Viper Owner

HP Tuners...via Torrie...see thread below, it's an older thread but there are newer updated threads w/ other tuned vipers...(link deleted no other forum links please)I plan on getting full exhaust & tune in the spring or summer...J.

Sorry man...link was deleted (not by me)...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  3. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

Sure. Divide the dyno numbers by .85

4. emericr

emericr Enthusiast

Thanks for being honest with the mods. It makes sense now with the headers and pulley.
    Amazing what a few basic mods can do to on a car.
    You car looks fantastic.
    Are you going to www.streetcardrags.com?

5. Jack B

Jack B Enthusiast

I would be very disappointed if PDV did not race. I will ship him my MT DR's if he races.

6. pdv25

pdv25 Enthusiast

Sorry for the late response guys. I was on a week cruise with no internet.

Thanks! Yes Torrie can send you a tune via email. He sent me one so I could drive up to him for the dyno tune.

Thanks!!

Thanks! Those simple mods sure made a HUGE difference.

Thanks! Torrie sure did a great job. He was awesome to deal with!

Bob, I'm shifting at 6800rpm.

Thanks bud!

7. pdv25

pdv25 Enthusiast

LOL! Thanks Bill and Mark for getting me in the TA!

I will try and go to the event. So Jack do I send you my address to get those DR's LOL..

8. TRH1962

TRH1962 Viper Owner

Definitely, bad ass color!

I wish someone would come up with a piece to go where the cold air comes from the hood area. Hate that there is no cover for that area. Just some kind of plastic or carbon fiber grill to strengthen up that hood vent area. I'd buy it in a second! Definitely looking for something to enhance that area by not leaving it so plain looking. Does anyone know if one is made?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  9. Jack B

Jack B Enthusiast

Send me a PM with your address and I will send them to you. I will tell you that you will have to practice on the track with them, there is a huge learning curve. You may also want to talk to Torri about changing the torque tables

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Jack B [​IMG]

I would be very disappointed if PDV did not race. I will ship him my MT DR's if he races.
    I will try and go to the event. So Jack do I send you my address to get those DR's LOL

10. pdv25

pdv25 Enthusiast

I really appreciate the offer Jack. That's way nice of you. I think I will try it with the stock tires for now, don't want to mess up my clutch. Once I got a better clutch I will definitely try a set of drag radials.

I had planned to go to the track this Wednesday since it is suppose to be in the 50's, but just found out they are closed. My E.T. won't be good, but I'm curious to see what it traps.

11. Jack B

Jack B Enthusiast

I do not want to ruffle the feathers, but, this has to be said.

PDV, Believe me this is no disrespect for you, but, racing for trap speed is like kissing your sister. We want you in the ten's, maybe, I should say I, because, as I read the posts on this forum, there seems to be a fascination with trap speed. The people you race against will not remember a 135 mph trap speed, but, they will remember when you get in the ten's and beat them. To go one step further, if any viper races a vette and turns an 11.5 at 135 and gets beat, what do you think will be remembered.

Go back to the G2 forum on the VCA and do a search, trap speed may have been mentioned, however, the emphasis was always on getting to end of the 1/4 mile. What has happened to us are we turning into bench racers.

As far as your clutch, your factory clutch will be fine, i actually took out an after-market clutch and put the factory clutch back in.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  12. pdv25

pdv25 Enthusiast

No disrespect taken Jack. I agree with what you are saying. MPH just shows me who I can street race down here. If I could manage a 10 second run on factory tires, I think that would be cool. If I'm able to pull that off than I will try some DR's. I value all your info on the forums and I will give it a try if you think I will be fine on DR'S with the factory clutch.

13. Jack B

Jack B Enthusiast

PDV

I hated to go on the tirade in your thread, but, I couldn't help myself. You are a racer and i respect that, I just can not stand lack of emphasis on racing and winning.

As far as the clutch, it is a little strange, I probably have 20 passes on my clutch with DR's. You have to slip the clutch to get this car off the line, otherwise it will bog. The clutch actually feels better now than when i first raced. The last time out, the clutch was harder to slip, it seemed to grab harder after the first launch. One thing you want to do because of your warm weather is re-insulate the metal channel that protects the clutch hydraulic line. There are gaps in the channel that need to be covered. I used the DEI high temp insulating mat.

14. challenger&viper

challenger&viper Viper Owner

the pic is too small I can't see the graph. could please reuplode it.

15. Boxer12

Boxer12 Viper Owner

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  16. thegeneral78

thegeneral78 Viper Owner

I live in cooper city would love to meet up with you. Surprised we haven't met yet. Give me a call 954-five58-4479
    Wes

17. pdv25

pdv25 Enthusiast

I'll give you a call next weekend.