Two drives one ending with a hefty ticket for me.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got pulled over recently and he told me he estimated my speed to be 40 in a 25 then gave me a verbal warning after this statement "You need to realize you drive a Dodge Viper, which is a very flashy and sporty car. Now when you drive recklessly you will draw a lot of police attention, so you need to be careful" Thanks Capt'n Obvious! I would say the guy was actually pretty cool and probably was just wanting to check out the car and who was driving it.

I do always say though "Cops are like an STD, yea some are better than others, but none of them are any good!":2tu:

Being an officer of the law should never give you the right to pull someone over to check you out. NEVER! Cops that do that are b u t t w i p e s.

also, don't mess with the airport security off-icers, especially with trainee in tow,
showing them who is In Charge. Tried to give me a ticket for a rental car with a headlight out.
Not my car - hello. so made sure it took them ten minutes to peruse records.. eat donut, pick.. etc..

You are responsible for the vehicle you operate including malfunctioning headlights. You have the right to refuse the vehicle or refuse to operate it once a defect is found. But you can get a ticket for a burnt out light in someone else's car. The ticket is for operating a vehicle with a burned out light, not owning a vehicle with a burned out light.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds to me like what a lot of folks here want to move toward is automated speed enforcement so that it takes the judgement away from the cop, and takes the chance of a power trip out of his hands. Or, perhaps you all would rather have GPS computer controlled speed governors on all cars so that your car would never be allowed to exceed the speed limit? Or just make speed limits entirely voluntary?

Arizona has had a very strong taste of the automated speed enforcement technique. Speed enforcement cameras stationed every few miles on the freeway, and portable ones out in the country. There was a significant "rebellion" here against that, and many are gone now. It seems like most folks prefer the judgement of Johnny Law. (Actually, they prefer to speed, and hope that there aren't enough cops to be there to catch them.)

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds to me like what a lot of folks here want to move toward is automated speed enforcement QUOTE]

F that, I'll take my chances with the cop, he might not show up in court but the automated pics and speed reading will always be there!:crazy2:

besides, look what they might catch you doing...

Attachments

• shame-on U.jpg
    shame-on U.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds to me like what a lot of folks here want to move toward is automated speed enforcement

F that, I'll take my chances with the cop, he might not show up in court but the automated pics and speed reading will always be there!:crazy2:

besides, look what they might catch you doing...

Your attached photo is of a guy on the west side of Phoenix who had "compliance" issues.

I also prefer to deal with a cop rather than an automated speed enforcement system.

Attachments

• FRONT_sm.jpg
    FRONT_sm.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Ryan SRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate cops. My dad is a retired cop and he hates cops. My grandpa was a cop from 1957-2003 when he passed a way on duty. Most cops are spineless punks on a power trip. I was riding with my dad when i was small and i clocked a car going 79 in a 55 on a bridge in the rain. My old man flashed the lights and kept going. I asked him why we didn't stop them and he replied, "Hell son the work for a living like I do." And if he ever served a warrant for a child molestor, thief, or wife ******, they would always "resist arrest." I respect the very few cops that actually "serve & protect." But when 98 out of 100 are people hiding behind a badge because they got picked on growing up they all get grouped together by me.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would venture to say 50 in a 35 deserved a ticket.

In emporia the road goes from 55 to 35 without warning right next
to 95. Its a dual highway and the local pd uses that to thier advantage.
To me thats not police work, that legillized fraud. VA cops ****. Im
currently chewing on a $600 va ticket that should have been a $85
fine, but because i was driving a company vehicle the cop assumed
(wrongly) that my boss would front the bill. I've boycotted the
entire state now; no gas, no shopping, no vir, no ebay purchases....

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The local police in my community are against the red light cameras. It was brought up at a council meeting and the chief of police gave a bunch of reasons why it shouldn't be used. Council wanted it for revenue generation. Thankfully the chief made a convincing argument and it was shot down.

I suspect that in areas where it is used, it may not be the police who were in favor of it, but rather the municipality with declining tax revenue/fees/etc and increasing expenses.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local police in my community are against the red light cameras

that's only because their ass don't wanna be caught and automatically sent a ticket:nono:, it's alot easier to get out of a ticket if you're a cop and get pulled over by a cop!!! I KNOW FIRST HAND:omg:
FLAME SUIT ON:usa:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$476 red light ticket fine in LA. Across the nation they're doing it just to raise revenue.

Insert opinion here -->> [__________________]

Balancing Budgets on Drivers' Backs - FoxNews.com

It happens everywhere and its almost criminal what cops are writing tickets for as municipalities are down on income and real estate tax revenue.

My wife received a $175 ticket for "failure to use headlights with windshield wipers". It was a relatively sunny day, a few sprinkles fell, she tapped the wipers ("one wipe" mode) to clear the sprinkles....in the sun, mind you, and the cop saw it, pulled her over, a gruffly issued the ticket. You can't really fight it because technically that's the law, but seriously - was the summons to protect and serve or was it about the $175?

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happens everywhere and its almost criminal what cops are writing tickets for as municipalities are down on income and real estate tax revenue.

My wife received a $175 ticket for "failure to use headlights with windshield wipers". It was a relatively sunny day, a few sprinkles fell, she tapped the wipers ("one wipe" mode) to clear the sprinkles....in the sun, mind you, and the cop saw it, pulled her over, a gruffly issued the ticket. You can't really fight it because technically that's the law, but seriously - was the summons to protect and serve or was it about the $175?

that's just ridiculous, tickets should be for the @hole that really deserves some intervention with their bad/reckless driving behavior, it should not "IN ANYWAY" be used as a tool to generate revenue for the city, but unfortunatly not only has it become just that it's also become another form of income for the individual officer (o.t. to go to court) just my .02 but can argue as FACT!!!:mad:

Oh yeah, almost forgot, until recently in Michigan, if you didn't sign the back of your Registration card it was a NONE WAIVABLE offense and you couldn't fight it in Court even if it wasn't your car, $65 dollars for not signing your name on a piece of paper that already had your name printed on it???*** IT TOOK THEM THIS LONG BEFORE THE GOVERNOR CHANGED THE LAW, THAT'S HIGHWAY ROBBERY (ROBBERY=FELONY)!!!!COMITTED BY THE STATE OF MICHIGAN PROBABLY MILLIONS OF TIMES OVER AND OVER!!!

Last edited:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I would fight it and just say, "I was washing my windows". I assume you can wash your windows without turning on the headlights.

ScreetHoPrez

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan was a couple cars in front of me. My V1 didn't start going off until I was right on top of the cop, so I'm not sure how how he truly got ya' Dan. I still say you should've left in Michelle saying, "Sorry Officer" as we rolled past you, filming. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi