Two Holes in my Cats!!!!!!

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 04 has a set of Random Tech Cats. While my car was idoling I walked by and I thought I heard and exhaust leak. I looked with a mirror and found that I have two holes in my cats. One on each side where the support bar attaches to the pipe portion of the cat. It looks like the bar and weld just ripped off the pipe. The hole is about 1/4"x3/4". Has this happened to anyone else? Did you have it weld repaired? If I weld it I am afraid it will just happen again.:mad:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that really ***** and now after reading all the negative stuff about RT, I sure hope the hi flow cats I just got from PartsRack and recently had installed on my 09 hold up.

OP
OP
X

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called Jon at Partsrack and he said this has happened a few times on 03 and 04 cats. Later year cats do not have the support bars so it doesnt happen now. Welding the support bars back in place will lead to them probably failing agin. Jon recomended to me to just patch weld the hole and to not attach the support bar since they are not needed.

I was really surprised that this happened.....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man that really ***** and now after reading all the negative stuff about RT, I sure hope the hi flow cats I just got from PartsRack and recently had installed on my 09 hold up.

This problem occured in the early design of the 03-04 SRT direct replacement cat BRACKET. 2+ years ago we changed to the Belanger design, and have had ZERO problems since.

This SRT owner was a SECOND owner and we are still offering replace/repair warantee.

"All The nagative Stuff" is really 6 cases, and two was on one car.

[Reminds me of the 'KN wont fit Gen 1" rumors in 1997.......blown all the hell out of proportion to rality and facts.] Thank You

OP
OP
X

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon, Thanks for taking the time today explaining this to me and for the great customer support. This is why I buy stuff from you. I called you to ask a question and your response to warranty it, even though I was not the original purchaser, proves your great customer support...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery